Dodge Dealer Warranty Deletes?

muddmadness

Reaction score
I am looking for a new Dodge 3500 and i am wondering if there is a dealer in alberta or saskatchewan that will do the deletes and still honor the engine warranty. Dont really care if they lock it some how to stock power. I just want a more relieable and efficient truck. Your thoughts please!

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it happens although probably will not get any solid commitments. have been told by a few they have no issues warrantying however if a dodge upper rep happens to walk through the shop it would not be covered as well as if info had to be sent in ie printouts with detailed info (injectors) etc etc

aaron_m

Reaction score
I actually had the full deletes, exhaust, cold air intake etc done on my 2011 3500, at a dodge dealer. was done right from new.
Dealer said he'd cover me. but i also just used the deletes for improved mpg, and not stupid power or hp, or 1/4 mile runs. he knows what i use my truck for.
However, if my truck cratered away from his shop, I was fawk'd.

over 70,000kms on her now, and not an issue yet.

Riptide

Reaction score
I have a 2010 ram 2500 with DPF delete, smarty tuner and AE cold air(might be air raid can't remember) I bought it used from the dealer and they made me sign a contract stating that I was aware/they were aware there was mod's done and they told me if there was any issues to bring it back to them. I think it really depend's on the dealer.

I have 80,000 km and no issue's either

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
Call Rob at big4motors in Calgary. Tell him Spencer referred you and ask him. He's usually really good. He's the sales manager of the store. A good friend and my old boss. Usually if hey do he work they will warranty but I'm not 100% sure anymore.

Stiff

Tapatalk using iPad.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a new Dodge 3500 and i am wondering if there is a dealer in alberta or saskatchewan that will do the deletes and still honor the engine warranty. Dont really care if they lock it some how to stock power. I just want a more relieable and efficient truck. Your thoughts please!

Why ask a question that always have the same answer??? If your willing to tow your truck hundreds of km to do warranty work at the installing dealer, giver!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2012 3500 with I did all deletes myself and no prob with work done on it, hope it don't break down out of town or province or even country.....Might be screwed.....

muddmadness

Reaction score
Why ask a question that always have the same answer??? If your willing to tow your truck hundreds of km to do warranty work at the installing dealer, giver!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have other trucks and trailers. trailering it to a dealer is not problem for a 12k engine job

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have other trucks and trailers. trailering it to a dealer is not problem for a 12k engine job

after 4k they send an auditor in(GM atleast). ECM and BCM history has to be pulled and gone over. I can't see how one specific small fish in the north american pond could get away with a 12k engine job under warranty. Who is that dodge dealer to dodge themselves? nobody lol

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When warranty work needs to be done, its up to dodge themselves to make the call. The dealer can tell you they will honour the warranty but they have to provide dodge with an ECM download. As soon as dodge sees a flash in there, they will deny warranty. Even if you tune it back to stock, they can tell. The dealer is just basically a middle man that follows the directions dodge gives them.

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When warranty work needs to be done, its up to dodge themselves to make the call. The dealer can tell you they will honour the warranty but they have to provide dodge with an ECM download. As soon as dodge sees a flash in there, they will deny warranty. Even if you tune it back to stock, they can tell. The dealer is just basically a middle man that follows the directions dodge gives them.
exactly. The BCM/ECM on GM's have a 50 flash history or some ch!t, so the only way to hide it would be to flash the computer 50 times with stock info, but then it keeps a history of when the flashes were and that raises a big enough flag for them to laugh in your face.

Top Bottom