Dodge 6.7 water fluid leak

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 dodge 3500 with the 6.7 cummins. Recently I have developed what looks like a water leak. I get a small puddle just beside my right front tire. It looks like it is water as it does. It smell and dries by the morning. Weird thing is I am not running my a/c. But I do have my defrost on. I have read about a common water lump leak that this motor has but it doesn't look like coolant leaking?. I just checked my coolant reservoir and it is low but I just got home an hour ago and the rad hose is still warm. Any help would be great.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your A/C compressor runs when ever you're set to defrost. This is to use the A/C evaporator to dry the air and quickly defrost/defog the windshield. If it's just water, don't worry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try a little taste test next time you see the puddle. That will at least let you know if it's actually coolant or not.

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went outside to double check the puddle and it less than half the size it was 2 hours ago. I tried the taste test of what was left and there was no taste. Sure hope it's just water. Would coolant dry up like it was never there ? Will check my coolant level in the reservoir tommorow .

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went outside to double check the puddle and it less than half the size it was 2 hours ago. I tried the taste test of what was left and there was no taste. Sure hope it's just water. Would coolant dry up like it was never there ? Will check my coolant level in the reservoir tommorow .

Coolant will eventually "dry up" in hot weather or more likely, just soak into the ground. If there was no sweet taste, it was more likely water from the heater box drain.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your A/C compressor runs when ever you're set to defrost. This is to use the A/C evaporator to dry the air and quickly defrost/defog the windshield. If it's just water, don't worry.

100 % ur right and nothing to worry about

Its just water from the a.c being on from the defrost on

The drain is on the fire wall pass side and will be close to the tire

Top Bottom