Do you toe load adjustable weights or no?.

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
Just curious on peoples opinions and experience on toe loading adjustable weights and running the toe section empty and loading the heal, or going and loading the toe section right up. What works for you in different situations and riding areas or snow conditions? What sorts of gains are you seeing in your top end track speeds when the tips are weighted as compared to your weights being placed in the heal. Do you load the toe section partially to find a happy medium or fully for top track speed?

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is in the turbo section so i will ask this question. Where does a turbo sled begin and finish making big power?:cool:

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
Well it's obvious that to take fill advantage of the power and speed potential, the weight needs to be in the tips, as I mentioned above. Just looking to maybe spark an interesting conversation on different peoples set ups and what works best for them.

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
Also there are more riding styles than hill climbing when it comes to turbo set up. Perhaps this thread can help others in setting up their turbos for different types of riding styles, snow conditions, and environments.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What we have found quite successful is begin loading the weight in the middle through to the end, that being said it will also depend on a few other variances like spring choice, weight profile and so on. As the boost increases your power curve makes a very quick change. So to harness that power and decrease belt slippage aswell as keeping heat to minimum thats what has worked for us so far. Many different setups out there and opinions.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Last edited:

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not a turbo, but interested in the learning. got the cutler adjustables in my M8. have not tried it yet, so any insight would be good

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey dean what's your thought on the paragon clutch? Does it really work as good as some say?

Well now thats a loaded question;) What i will say is this, i believe all CFC's are designed to do the same job( pretty sure we can all agree there) now that being said the designs all differ some trap heat more than others, but have a wider variance of tuning, some are more convenient to work on, some are more balanced than others, some weigh more than others and rob the engine of hp. I think all BS aside the clutch is ONLY as good as the PERSON putting the pieces together. Myself i have never had the pleasure of tuning a paragon clutch, so i would only be guessing at this point.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had the opportunity to play with the cutler weights.
heal weighted - smooth engagement - nice in deep stuff as you don't spin the track - not so chit hot for going down hill as it takes allot more rpm to engine brake.

going to the middle to try and gain the best of both worlds

Sparx

Reaction score
First trip out, 6 weights(75g) in the two middle positions on my D&D magnet setup- great midrange and top end, quick spooling.

Second trip out, 8 weights(78g) two weights in every hole on the weight. Not so happy, little bit of lag, too much weight on the top end and not enough rpm's @ 10lbs boost. ~8000rpm's at best

Next try, 6 weights but 3 in each outter tip hole sections to bring the high rpm spikes down & return turbo lag to insignificant like original setup

Kruchy

Reaction score
had the opportunity to play with the cutler weights.
heal weighted - smooth engagement - nice in deep stuff as you don't spin the track - not so chit hot for going down hill as it takes allot more rpm to engine brake.

going to the middle to try and gain the best of both worlds
I am switching to some flat land stuff for the weekend. When I add to the heal the second weight sticks out. Is that ok?

Sparx

Reaction score
First trip out, 6 weights(75g) in the two middle positions on my D&D magnet setup- great midrange and top end, quick spooling.

Second trip out, 8 weights(78g) two weights in every hole on the weight. Not so happy, little bit of lag, too much weight on the top end and not enough rpm's @ 10lbs boost. ~8000rpm's at best

Next try, 6 weights but 3 in each outter tip hole sections to bring the high rpm spikes down & return turbo lag to insignificant like original setup

Just tried it out the other night low elevation riding loaded heavy on the tips and it worked awesome even though it was over revving 8600rpm. Would need to add more weight to the mid-low weight hole if I wanted it spot on for some drag racing to bring it down to 8300rpm though. Spools super quick and hard when it catches.

Only problem is now I gotta find a secondary helix that will work properly in reverse, this OVS helix doesn't lock and only works on hard surfaces:confused:

Top Bottom