Do you ride with a tether??

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran a 13 pro last year with no tether, this year I'm going to a 14 and maybe turbo, I like climbing. So my question is do you ride with a tether and why? Also what kind are you running

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always.. Just bought the polaris tether and drilled a hole near the tank for it. Very easy install, plug and play, and has saved the sled many times.

When it tips on the top and holds the throttle open you'll be wishing you installed it too. Seen it happen a few times last year

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always. It's the key on my sled. Seems the track is showing on my sled alot, i'm sure it has saved a motor by now.

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one on my 08 doo but it was a pain in my ass always full of ice and never really worked are the new ones any better?

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never used one until I saw pictures of people who have lost limbs and skin due to the throttle being stuck wide open and the person under the track. I will not own a sled without one now.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk 2

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one on my 08 doo but it was a pain in my ass always full of ice and never really worked are the new ones any better?
Having to blow into the tether a couple times to get rid of some snow or ice, is way better than losing a limb or having skin grafts. The Polaris tether is super easy to install and works well.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
seems to me there was a pretty graphic video on here outlining the importance of a tether, not to mention the safety of the people around you if the throttle sticks

goldfinger

Reaction score
Always, Been in a couple situations over the years and wont ride without one anymore. New ones are plug and play. Ice in the cap non issue. leave on the jacket all day. Effortless

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the imput guys made the decision easy going to order one

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure most remember all the graphic vids and heated debates last year but it should be brought up every season and perhaps more would install a tether. Glad you decided to get one. The Polaris tether works great, and I haven't had any issues with mine in 3 years. IMO all snowmobiles should be sold with the $30 part. Dealers should not be able to deliver these machines without the part installed and tested.

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree, should come on the sled when new.........I have the Polaris tether and no problems after one season. Simple install.
Personally, we have a friend that is missing his leg from the knee down. With a tether, it would never had happened.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever try Teth-Air? I don't where my tether ever,been pretty lucky I guess. I just hate the cord being attached to me. But nobody wants to loose a leg. That Teth-Air might be the answer for me. But how well does the thing work? Don't need a sled stalling out at the wrong time.....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have gotten used to mine. I find they aren't long enough so I hook two together without the actual electronics on the second piece. Much more user friendly......more range of motion and it doesn't seem to get tangled in the bars as much.

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever try Teth-Air? I don't where my tether ever,been pretty lucky I guess. I just hate the cord being attached to me. But nobody wants to loose a leg. That Teth-Air might be the answer for me. But how well does the thing work? Don't need a sled stalling out at the wrong time.....

I was also wondering about the teth-air does anyone ride with one how do you like it
whats the range?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nytro man has one. He hasn't had to use it. The range is adjustable. I plan on purchasing one

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thing is, would a teth-air help if you are so close to the sled, like your arm sucked into a tunnel?

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't ride without one. That video above made my skin crawl. That guy is one lucky SOB. If the snow would have been deep his buddy wouldn't have gotten there quick enough and I would have puked all over my keyboard.

They should be factory on all sleds, we spend all this money on gear and sleds, I would hate to loose a limb for $40.

Top Bottom