Do you own an 850, Have you broken a Bulkhead

Wapow

Reaction score
I have bounced off trees and rocks harder on both a 2014 and 2015 and had no damage, the point I was trying to get a cross is dealers are telling guys that they are safe with this bulkhead brace when clearly they are not. Yes I agree sleds are not meant to hit stuff, but **** happens and it should not cripple everything in it's path. Clearly the modules are weak and a have design flaw. So BRP releases the bulkhead brace and has dealers tell customers the bulkhead epidemic has been resolved so they can sell the remainder of the 2017.

There is a particular weakness (yes, a design flaw) that Doo refuses to fix (guessing because they truly believe it works better) in the attachment of the arms to the bulkhead, that causes catastrophic failure of the S-module when you catch a ski DURING IN A LOADED CARVE. It doesn't happen jumping, bashing whoops or even catching a ski when riding flat, ONLY IN A CARVE. Which is why it happened with relative high frequency at the beginning of last season when there was no base and then pretty much disappeared after. The "Doo fix" was intended to prevent the force (and damage) from being transferred to the E-module, which makes for a much larger repair effort and much more expensive repair bill. This weakness has been inherent on every Doo since the '08 XP. It may have been slightly made worse on the G4, but not by all that much. The "solution" is to either install the full Grip and Rip kit, or do not take chances carving in early season conditions. The risk is greatly diminished once you have a reasonable base. Insurance is good to have too.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also had a minor impact and toasted my bulkhead, wouldn’t warranty it, darn BRP!
e2f31084bf78a9f0e9a1bc7cc6d06a1a.heic

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What an odd thread.
Strange how every post, comment, Thanks/Like response that I made last year on the 17 has been 100% wiped from S&M.
And it's all reappearing from others......
Weird or what?
It's just doo money fixem and keep riding.

Trade in on a new one and stop complaining.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What an odd thread.
Strange how every post, comment, Thanks/Like response that I made last year on the 17 has been 100% wiped from S&M.
And it's all reappearing from others......
Weird or what?
It's just doo money fixem and keep riding.

Trade in on a new one and stop complaining.

lol your comments are gone and they pulled my 850 thread completely, but ya its all made up on the interweb. Best video sent to brp ive seen was the guy who cooked a egg on his 2018 clutches.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All those 17 threads are gone?
Yup, someone must have renewed the site sponsorship.

Even the Maxwell, talk about a flop thread got vaporizered like a 2017 850 belt.

The BRP cares thread survived but I think Russia or North Korea would have sensored it less if they were the mods.

5f11d279127816ef75f09492389ae885.jpg

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

gopherchoker

Reaction score

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty dam sad snow and mud, doo made sh1t and should be dragged through it..

Ya I dragged doo in it last year and pizzed off a lot of doolaider.
Some from out east.
Got my sled fixed by BRP and dealer. Bulkhead even got covered.
Doo and dealers read what is said on these sled sites.
Negative comments from owner experiences are a powerful tool and affect BRP sales. Why do you think BRPCARES only shows up at snowcheck and beginning of season. Strictly sales bolstering-can't believe some peps can't see through that one.
After all the issues with the 17 it's hard to feel sorry for the peps that went and got an 18 and are having issues.
The sleds that do work well are awesome sleds.
The G4 is just a dragon wearing a different skirt.
Sad threads got pulled, just condones BRP business strategies and takes away public warning eachother.
Good luck fredw dealing with BRP and owning a doo.
You $ is just more of the millions stolen from consumers partially because their voice gets silenced for speaking up on a crap flawed design.
Oops I promised to stay out of the doo cesspool threads so doolaid tears don't fall like rain again.

Last edited:

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some from out east.
Negative comments from owner experiences are a powerful tool and affect BRP sales. Why do you think BRPCARES only shows up at snowcheck and beginning of season. Strictly sales bolstering-can't believe some peps can't see through that one.
After all the issues with the 17 it's hard to feel sorry for the peps that went and got an 18 and are having issues.
Sad threads got pulled, just condones BRP business strategies and takes away public warning eachother.
You $ is just more of the millions stolen from consumers partially because their voice gets silenced for speaking up on a crap flawed design.
Oops I promised to stay out of the doo cesspool threads so doolaid tears don't fall like rain again.

Just out of curiosity, what are you riding this year? I’m currently considering all possibilities.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some from out east.

I stopped buying BRP product years ago, the last POS i sold was in 2010 but had already cut my ties by then. I will never own another BRP product no matter what they come up with, not as ATV, marine or sleds.
It has been my experience that they operate on deception's and use the public (customers) as test mules to test the gimmicks they come up with and sell the general public into.

As for breaking modules IMO is BS. No excuse for it. The A-arms are the weak link and where thing should bend, it is bad engineering and poor materials being used. The only way that chassis and bulk heads and modules should or would bend is in a full tree impact. People on here can make up excuses all they want about this but in the grand scheme, the product is brittle, fragile an egg shell....

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what are you riding this year? I’m currently considering all possibilities.
I switch to cat this year.
I like doo but I think in the future I will only buy a doo that is on its 4th year of the model, that way the consumer will have solved most of the problems by then.

Reaction score
Lund thank you for your comment I agree 100%. I wish I had pictures of my sled to show everyone how little of damage really is visible. The sled in no where near mangled like some of the pictures post here a-arms are sheared half, or the font end is punched in. Upper a-arm is slightly bend, nothing is caved in, no plastic is broken or pushed in, just one little nick in the ski. By all means it was not a major impact as some other poster seem to want to place blame on the rider.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lund thank you for your comment I agree 100%. I wish I had pictures of my sled to show everyone how little of damage really is visible. The sled in no where near mangled like some of the pictures post here a-arms are sheared half, or the font end is punched in. Upper a-arm is slightly bend, nothing is caved in, no plastic is broken or pushed in, just one little nick in the ski. By all means it was not a major impact as some other poster seem to want to place blame on the rider.
This is the case all to often.

Did the casting break right where the a-arm mounts are? If we had the 2017 thread pictures we could compare.

Unfortunately this bulk head is such an integral part of the design I can't see them doing a major fix or re-design.

Reaction score
Again the only visible damage is the a-arm and little nick in the ski. I have not personally seen the damage, it was the dealer that informed me. I did inspect everywhere I could see with out removing console and front end, so the cracks must be on he inside.

Top Bottom