Do you need Ins & Reg on Kid's Quad?

Hopster

Reaction score
I just picked up two 70cc kids quads and have been told that the smaller quads dont's require insurance & registration. One person thought the cut off was 125cc. I was thinking of heading to Redwater this weekend but really don't need a ticket.

Has anyone heard anything different?

Thanks!
'06 Arctic Cat 700 EFI LE
27" XTR's w/ EPI Clutch Kit

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check with licencing shop ,will be able to tell you. If it has a motor it will need a licence and reg. Also you should have helmets, be there to supervise the kiddies,
set a good example - proper fitting helmets, proper foot wear as in no running shoes sandals , gloves on hands, long pants. As crashes will happen and I'm sure you don't want your kids hurt.
With no insurance on these toys you realize you will be held responsible for damages to other people and property, you may save a few dollars now but pay in the end.
You don't need lic and reg on your own property, but are still liable for damage and injury.
I think no insurance starts a $2600.00 ouch.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding on public lands requires insurance and registration.

ATV's without insurance are not as bad as vehicles for fine, but still expensive: In the $450 range.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the 90cc I have Insurance, but not registered. technically these minis are not to be driven on public land...so...technically...we'll see what happens if I get questioned. At least by having the insurance (and having all other toys Ins & Rego) it might get me a warning..or advisement.
Another reason for Insurance....theft. How easy to throw one of the small machines into the back of a truck and never see it again....

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have any motorized vehicle on public land without insurance because you are just asking for trouble without it. To my knowledge though anything with 49cc or less can not be registered but you should ck with your local registries office to be sure.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they may be classed as mopeds, still you need a learners licence i think, Yeah definitely check with registries, Definitely don't want to give any extra money to eddy, he may give himself another raise

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Too make this simple.................YES!
catmando!

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I agree and the cost of the insurance should't be that much. And peice of mind goes along way.

Top Bottom