Do you carry a spare belt??

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how may guys carry a spare belt for their quad with them when they go riding?

I haven't been, but I was wondering. I always did on the sleds.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a spare in my quad (400 outlander), never had to use it yet. I think on the big bore quads it isn't a bad idea, my buddy's 650 AC has blown a few. it goes into some kind of limp mode before the belt blows completely, gotta tow him thru the holes after that.

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also carry a spare belt. Actually I have the old one and a brand new one. Never know. The mud and muskeg puts lots of wear on them, hate to be stranded. I personally have not had to change one out on the trails, but luck like that wont last forever.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool, I was wondering what most people did. I have blown belts on the sleds a number of times but am new to the automatic quads so I wasn't sure if they were different or what. Sounds like I will be picking up a new belt and just keep the old one as a spare. :beerchug:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I carry a spare c/w tools to enable to remove housing...... Also lots of other tools & parts cause all my bikes are older Polaris. Bikes work very well but are high maintenance.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Hmmm never thought about a spare belt, I should change mine this year I got close to 5K so time for a new one and keep the old one for a back up

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spare belt... good question? I don't carry one. Probably should but I have never seen anyone in the last 7 years of riding blow one on an automatic cvt? I have alot of miles on mine and I'm guessing it's fine. My firecat has 4000 + hard miles on the original belt so my whimmpy 40 hp atv should get more then that on the belt??? :confused::D

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have taken my clutch a part at home to clean and all I can say is I do not carry enough beer to change my belt on the trail.

Bryan

Reaction score
I will carry a belt with me. No one will be towing me out of the trail. I found a site from the US that has belts, $80 from them or $ 190 here !!

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its allways a good Ideal to pack a spare belt, expecily on the big boar machines, and if your runnin bigger tires. I'v only blew one belt scince I got my outlaws, but I was running in High in deep snow looked like some one did a fat burn out on pavement.

Top Bottom