Do performance chips work

clemoine

Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing a Genises performance chip for my 2008 Dragon off of ebay has anyone tried a performance chip do the work ? seller claims it will add up to 25 Hp ? please help should I but his?:PDT_daz:

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently they fool the ecm into thinking that the engine is running colder than it really is, causing it to add more fuel.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think about it. how much did they want? $25,$50? For 25hp? We would all have it!!!! But we dont.

clemoine

Reaction score
Thats what I thought lol just don't understand why they would work in quads but not skidoo's?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ya, if it was as easy as that, polaris would have programmed that in.... If you get a 25hp advantage over another brand 800 by just reprogramming, then don't you think they woulda done it??? They're engineers, they aren't stupid.... Just my 2 cents;)

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those things don't work like summitric said engineers get paid big dollars to get good performance out of these motors and i don't think that a single chip up the horsepower that much without issues, i would stay away and save your $$$$$

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
they likely do nothing and prey on the mental horsepower. hey i put a new tunnel on my sled and it added at least 10 mental horepower add a loud can and you are good to the top of anychute .....

bimmer4life2009

Reaction score
Don't waste your money on these. I was thinking about getting a performance chip too, but it looks like these things don't do crap. I was reading this article about it, and it looks like these things don't work at all

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a moose chip in my quad and it made a noticable change in the bottom end power. I tested my quad with and without the chip and it's definatly more responsive right off the line. There's no 25hp increase thats for sure.

homer4

Reaction score
Well,I had one ordered for my nitro but after reading all of this i guess it will only make that little gas tank seem smaller,thanks

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't back out yet homer4, do some research. they do work and there is some coming out for the yammis. There has beed some mega hours spent on R&D. Good luck.

jack24

Reaction score
I have a moose chip in my quad and it made a noticable change in the bottom end power. I tested my quad with and without the chip and it's definatly more responsive right off the line. There's no 25hp increase thats for sure.

You are lucky. I bought these of ebay and wasted $20, didnt do ch!t

Honda Wheels

RT Ryder

Reaction score
I think a very important thing to realize is that ebay has a lot of items that are there just to make money for the seller. They are lower costs than most because they are lower quality. If you do research into chip, at least for quads, you will find that the top dollar chips do make a difference just as they do for vehicle. Ebay is good to get products but more research needs to be done in order to know exactly what you are buying. Some adds hardly even explain what is being sold.

xcya

Reaction score
I think a very important thing to realize is that ebay has a lot of items that are there just to make money for the seller. They are lower costs than most because they are lower quality. If you do research into chip, at least for quads, you will find that the top dollar chips do make a difference just as they do for vehicle. Ebay is good to get products but more research needs to be done in order to know exactly what you are buying. Some adds hardly even explain what is being sold.

Very well said DUDE.:)

Top Bottom