do i mount a second rad on my rack or just bring the stock one up?

dieselboy

Reaction score
hey guys i want to know cause my outty overheats near the end of a good days riding (mud stuck in it) so would it be wise just to put a fanless one on top plus the stock one in the stock spot or just move the stock one up on the rack? tell me what you guys do? thanks

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya move it up or buy the high lifter one and mount it on the rad. Im gonna be doning mine on my brte force soon as its fairly simple and makes cleaning it out easy after it done.

_Stevo_

Reaction score
Here is what i did for a few customers with the same problem. 2nd rad with fan on a switch. Fold up design for access to compartment. I think 150.00 plus install is what i charged.

Attachments

• stacey's pics 057.jpg
    stacey's pics 057.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 52
  • stacey's pics 056.jpg
    stacey's pics 056.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 48
  • stacey's pics 058.jpg
    stacey's pics 058.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 42

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
_stevo_ i am interested in your rad setup! Do you have the cores and and the tanks?
Do you build to custom size?or do you order in a complete rad? Do you sell just the rad as is?

_Stevo_

Reaction score
I have just been doing this on outlanders using the outlander rads. i think they are 250 for just the rad. They run dam cold though with 2 rads.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
If I was to do that I would get one of those front rack roll bars to try and protect it cause if you flop it over it would wipe that rad out

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a good set up and if it runs cold like you say maybe a smaller rad.Thats if you could get a smaller one.

_Stevo_

Reaction score
You could run a smaller rad but i use the stock rads cuz it has a specific application so if you sell your machine to an old farmer he can still get rid of the rad if he dont want it. Or if you buddy blows a rad you can just pull that one off and throw it in his bike. I do agree that if you plan on rolling your machine down a hill you will want to protect it.

Top Bottom