Dixie brand altnator

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On third alt. this month on a 2000 f550 7.3 diesel are these junk or what? Someone else told me they had no luck with them, or could I have a bigger prob? Both batteries are new odessey's wicked batteries by the way. We run a 2000 watt inverter for the steamer so alt has a fairly good load

mike9910

Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
I got an alternator from pa performance (website) and it is doing good for me, but my stereo was drawing too much and burning alternators and batteries, but went from a 110 amp to a 220

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Dixies are okay.... We now use wilson rebuilts, however, due to better warranty and seemingly better quality? Sounds like you may be overworking the alternator.... I believe there was a dual alternator system available in 2000, so it may be worth looking into what you'd need.... I believe it was just an extra bracket and alternator and longer belt and some wiring?

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've never had good luck with the Dixies either. I went through 2 in a very short period of time and will never purchase one again. :nono:

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife's picking up a factory unit from ford ,found one on the interweb that I might go ahead and order it's called a mean green sounds like it will save the world.but I need one today so hopfully the ford one gets me through :beer:

Top Bottom