Discounted New Sleds Concerns

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With Yamaha advertizing new sleds for $3700 off and Doo retailing a new 2013 Summit Sport 800R for $9799 and 3 year warranty on snocheck do any of you peeps have any concerns about where the price of your used sleds will go this year and next year? Its great for buying but not if your selling.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only ones to worry are 800r owners, still will get dec coin for an etec

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only ones to worry are 800r owners, still will get dec coin for an etec
I'd think it would hurt every year a bit, last years gotta drop to compete against new, then one year older and so on. In all honesty I'd think most people would be happy prices are finally coming down.

Lanko

Reaction score
I'm definitely concerned, I bought a 2010 D8 155" in the fall of 2009 for $12,200, I would be lucky to get $7,000-$7,500 for that sled right now. I do realize my machine doesn't have the best track record and re-sale has been absolutely destroyed by the internet. Was seriously considering getting a new XP or Pro, but can't justify the expense for the amount I ride. I do agree with sledneck I think guys with powertek xp's and anyone riding an IQ chassis are going to take an absolute pounding on used re-sale. May just do a few small upgrades, track, pipe, etc. and save myself the disappointment of taking a pretty big hit when I go to sell. Don't get me wrong I realize there is this little thing called depreciation but 15% a year hurts a man.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With Yamaha advertizing new sleds for $3700 off and Doo retailing a new 2013 Summit Sport 800R for $9799 and 3 year warranty on snocheck do any of you peeps have any concerns about where the price of your used sleds will go this year and next year? Its great for buying but not if your selling.
I don't think this effect has trickled down yet. Still see guys trying to sell ptek's for over 10 grand. It's kind of like Polaris quads, the 400 & 500 can be bought brand new for less than guys are selling 2006's for. It hasn't changed anything guys are still asking too much for their used junk.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Sleds like quads, depreciate very rapidly, compared to cars/trucks/motorbikes..... Can't count on ever making your money back, unless you buy used cheap and resell high..... Jus' sayin'

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely concerned, I bought a 2010 D8 155" in the fall of 2009 for $12,200, I would be lucky to get $7,000-$7,500 for that sled right now. I do realize my machine doesn't have the best track record and re-sale has been absolutely destroyed by the internet. Was seriously considering getting a new XP or Pro, but can't justify the expense for the amount I ride. I do agree with sledneck I think guys with powertek xp's and anyone riding an IQ chassis are going to take an absolute pounding on used re-sale. May just do a few small upgrades, track, pipe, etc. and save myself the disappointment of taking a pretty big hit when I go to sell. Don't get me wrong I realize there is this little thing called depreciation but 15% a year hurts a man.

Any IQ 800 has taken a huge hit in used prices and not about to get any better.I got 6500 for my 1550 miled mint ES D800 last year on a snowcheck trade for a 2012 pro.I just talked to a guy I met on the hill last weekend and dealer offered him 4500 for his 09RMK800 with CE track and 1900miles.Needless to say he was pissed.Have you seen the prices of used low miled turbos.There has to be at least 4or5 of them in our local classifieds all from 10-13K and some with almost no miles.Sucks if your selling but good to be a buyer

Top Bottom