Dirty job but it's gotta be done soon

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one sledding in the Pass,Alexander,Elkford or Flathead areas lately. Got one of thoses have to do missions, in a very low avy area.I assume by the activity in this section it's all over. No info on Mtn. Mem. site or Crow Snow site. Just need agood trail and a warm up/lunch site and the Warden will be happy and relatives will be on their way.The perfect site would have a Mall,a Starbucks, a bathroom , a Italian or French resturant,and one of those Hair and Nail joints staggered along the trail.Thank God my Warden isn't like that..........much. Any suggestions are big time appreciated.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of the above .No I just need somewhere safe to take relatives on a trail ride, a really cushy easy trail ride I know the Pass and Elkford have great trails but is there snow on them right now. Any other suggestions would be nice.These relatives have been to Yellowstone so anywhere Iam going to take them here, will send them screaming back to Yellowstone. Any suggestions????????????? just remember the key word is cushy.I will try that Crack induced dream rhyme stuff the day I have to do this dirty deed tour.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey, Thats Better

Sorry snotrocket, thats a better thread, but sorry i can't help you... I know some guys on this site should be able to answer your questions....... Did you try to contact "inn on the border"???:)

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove thru the Crownsnest Pass, Sparwood and Fernie today. May be able to sled in the Pass if you go back far enough. It is dry in town. Sparwood and Fernie would probably be a lost cause dry and hills look bare. Not sure on Elkford. I didn't go to the staging area in the pass, so it might be a long way back to travel. It was trying to snow in the pass but more rain than snow. Will update on Friday when I come back trhru.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Arcticdodge for the info looks like dirty deed will have to wait till next year.

vinny

Reaction score
Snotrocket, Not sure when you are planning to go, but I am heading to Sparwood this weekend with the quads. Probably hit Corbin/Coal Leach area. Will post when I get back.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take them to Golden.....Susan Lake Trail...cushy.......Blaeberry Trail is...cushy too!Scenery is great!Lots of snow!
catmando!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Cushy???

take them to golden.....susan lake trail...cushy.......blaeberry trail is...cushy too!scenery is great!lots of snow! catmando!
wait a minute..... You guys buy quads to beat on them, and get muddy(i've seen the pics), and get tossed around and beat-up on, and then you recomend "cushy" trails to everyone??? whats with that???:confused: ................lol

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Came back thru Fernie, Sparwood, CNP on Friday evening nothing new. Don't know Fernie to much but some snow higher on the mountains. Drove into Sparwood to show the kids where I used to live and the dirt bikes and quads were out in the field where I rode my dirt bike as a kid, not to wet but not dusty either.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We have wives and kids who like to ride too!
catmando!
Dont tell anyone,but we have to do the deed once in a while too!
LOL!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Catmando, does't Blaeberry go into cutblocks and an alpine area for winter sledding. Drove past turnoff last year when going to Chatter Creek but ran out of days to check it out. Backcountry Roadmaps show a lot of old logging road in that area.

GRD

Reaction score
hello curtis thinking of going to corbin or morrisey this weekend looking foreward to your info thanks

Not much snow from what I heard..... May want to go to BC (McBride, Valemount or Blue River)!

GRD

Reaction score
hello how far is mcbride or blue river and how much snow thanks

Check out the threads under the forums for those riding areas... From what they are saying, the season has started. McBride is about 6 hours from Cowtown through the icefields parkway (highway 93 from banff to jasper)... That road can be a lot of fun in the winter. It is too bad you can't ride in the parks, many times BAD ASS and I have thought about unloading....

Top Bottom