Dilemma.. or does it really matter?

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few things to think of if your leaning towards a bike. Im seeing this more and more where bikes are being banned off trails due to noise. Also out of all the trails i ride very few you would ever get a bike up with out lots of work if you even make it at all. Unless your a very easy rider usually bikes will spin on throttle and going around corners damaging trails. Not saying atvs don't do some of the above but much easier to control. Iv seen far to many people buy bikes because all their friends have one, its faster, etc and they sit in their shop 90% of the time because it was to much work getting through the trails.
If you are able to borrow/rent both a bike and atv at some point, go find a fairly good trail and take them both up.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dirt bikes will go more places than quads will with maybe the exception of deep water crossings

Mrlake

Reaction score
i weigh only about 110lbs D; and yea i will see if i could rent both of them to test for myself. I drove my friends kawasaki prairie 360.... that was fun, there was a gravel pit near by and i just went everywhere with that thing ;D it was light enough for me to control and not too powerful.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget about the ktm 200 2t's and there are a few 150's as well. ( husky comes to mind). For budget minded person a 2t bike can't be beat. You could put a hitch carrier on nearly any car and take it with you or a friend. Worst case you decide it's not for you and you sell and get something else.

Good luck!!

154 XM

Top Bottom