Difference in skids 153 vs 162.?..

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any difference besides rail length? Thinking I might lengthen my 153. Know I will need to stretch the tunnel but was wondering if the mount points are the same. What about going to 174? To long?

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Any difference besides rail length? Thinking I might lengthen my 153. Know I will need to stretch the tunnel but was wondering if the mount points are the same. What about going to 174? To long?
going to 162" you wont need to do anything with the tunnel, same length tunnel as the 153" other than that i'm not sure of the mounting points

saltywalt

Reaction score
Mounting points are in the same location just need rails. 153 to 162 is a different tunnel extension. 162 is a good 4" longer. On the '15s anyway.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Looking up the parts, rear tunnel portion is a different part number from a 153 to a 162. I would think you still don't have to change it out tho. You're looking at maybe 4" longer sticking out the back for track. Looking at my 153, another 4" of track doesn't look like it would be a problem AT ALL.

Cycle Works Red Deer

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
They are different tunnel caps, we have a couple takeoff caps laying around from some guys that went to 174" if your interested. Should have some 162" takeoff rails as well for you.

Mounting points are the same but would suggest the proper length tunnel cap for a 162"

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you do for 174? Who has an aftermarket cap? What kind of price are we looking at for going to 174 and what else would be needed? Rehearing and clutching?

Cycle Works Red Deer

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.cycleworks.com
Aftermarket 174" tunnel caps are available from CR Racing. We have them in stock. They come with CR racing backing plates and a rear bumper (choice of colors...powder coating is extra)

You will also need 174" rails a 174" track, 7T drivers, and a tail light extension wire (all in stock)

Gearing and clutching all depends on what you have done to your sled and what year make model this is all going on.

Please call the shop tomorrow and we would be happy to give you an accurate quote with everything you need

Ask for Erik

Top Bottom