Difference between 2010 and 2009 Summit XP X?

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the differences between the 2? Ive seen things such as bars are farther forward on the 2010 by 1.5-2" and a few other little things. Is there really any difference between the 2? Thanks

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is different about the rear suspension?

Trying to figure out if a XM rear shock will work on my 2009.

Its a different part number and think it is shorter and has a smaller bolt hole for the shock.

Trying to find a shock

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rear shock should work. The center shock is different, they laid it down on the 2010 so it is longer. It's the laid positioning that made the sled feel so different & it worked better in the deep. If I remember they junked that POS track used on the 8's & 9's, what a horrible useless track. I think the 2010 got the non ported POS track.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rear shock should work. The center shock is different, they laid it down on the 2010 so it is longer. It's the laid positioning that made the sled feel so different & it worked better in the deep. If I remember they junked that POS track used on the 8's & 9's, what a horrible useless track. I think the 2010 got the non ported POS track.

I actually like the track. It is ported and a 146. Not the best deep pow track, but thats not what i use this sled for

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have some rail inserts for the 09 rails so you can use the 2010 center shock, if you are interested. That is a long time ago & the conversion was done a lot, I'm sure I still have some.

Oh yeah that POS track was probably awesome on hard packed, stay away from powder & water......it will sink like a brick if you try skipping.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have some rail inserts for the 09 rails so you can use the 2010 center shock, if you interested. That is a long time ago & the conversion was done alot, I sure I still have some.

Oh yeah that POS track was probably awesome on hard packed, stay away from powder & water......it will sink like a brick if you try skipping.

No I just need a rear gas shock. The track works ok in Revy pow. Not trying to tree ride with the boost though.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10 still had the cheese grader track , but the front skid shock and arm where longer like the xm

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the rear shock is 17.25 inches.

So hasnt changed i guess. That is good news, cause now i have some options for this thing.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10 still had the cheese grader track , but the front skid shock and arm where longer like the xm

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

It was hard to keep all of the doo junk sorted in my head during that dark period ......I just had a flash back to 2011 Summit E TEC....what a heap that was. 2010 & 2012 are the best XP chassis. The 2010 was easier to modify & worked very well.

Top Bottom