Diesel Pushers

dooski

Reaction score
How many of you guys out there have diesel pushers and pull 4 place trailers (enclosed)behind. What do think about taking them out west in the boonies.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One really dry spring couple of years ago a guy had one out at the staging area here in Whitecourt, well he pulled onto a grassy area to turn around and got it stuck in a bit of a swail, tried so hard to get it unstuck, he started the grass on fire and burned the unit to the ground. He did manage to unload the quads off the trailer before they burned.

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
One really dry spring couple of years ago a guy had one out at the staging area here in Whitecourt, well he pulled onto a grassy area to turn around and got it stuck in a bit of a swail, tried so hard to get it unstuck, he started the grass on fire and burned the unit to the ground. He did manage to unload the quads off the trailer before they burned.

So thats what happened out there...I remmember that hearing about it, just didnt know the whole story

And as for the question, i would say it all depends on your driving skills...I have seen those things in places i wouldnt take my truck. But i have also seen them dolly off the trailer and get something else to pull it into the bush or into a tight place, but they hook right back up to the trailer to go home. Its not like most of them dont have enough engine to pull it!!!

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dooski, I always see 'em wherever I go, west of Rocky, west of Sundre etc. I think if you use your head and dont pretend its a 4x4, should be no prob. Seem to see more and more all the time.

dooski

Reaction score
let me help you, oh i forgot what it is hahaha. rubicon,squirtis and summiteer thanks for your replies. i guess it depends on how much money i don't have to spend eh!

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OHHHHHHHHHH I understand now. I was thinking a diesel truck and enclosed trailer and was kind of wondering what the issue was

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My budd has a $ 300,000.00 dollar diesel pusher and he goes everywhere we do,He also pulls a 20 ft car hauler with all his toys and I dont recall him ever having an issue.Even surprises me sometimes where he goes with it.
catmando!
You look close in the trees and you can see the trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
I tow my toys around in the summer to the races or off roading with a 40 footer and 24 foot trailer. If you can drive and use your head, usually no problem. When you wake up at 3 in the morning to the sound of rain on the roof and you are parked in a grassy area 10 kms or so southwest of Outwest, it gets your attention but whats the worst that can happen? You miss a few hours (days) of time in the office. That's what cell phones and good help are for. I won't go back to roughing it. That's 19 inch TV and no icemaker by the way.

If you got the cash, don't be shy, it's a nice way to play.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a buddies pusher pulling a 35ft terry travel trailer. Went racing near Beaverlodge. The only issue was overheating due to not enough air flow between the units.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Ah yes the old "trailer too close to the rad vent" problem. Side vents or a V nose solve this one. I get the fact that the owners stay in the rig, the guests in the Terry. Where are the race toys?

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He races those nascar type trucks which he has in an enclosed trailer behind a dually. No pic of that though.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Ah, more toys. This is off topic a little (of course) but how about some comments from some of us who have 5th wheels and tow a trailer with the toys. Thinking of changing. I'd really like my pickup and trailer in Arizona in the winter.

Ya ya I know.

Top Bottom