Diesel availability in Golden

silver fox

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello..I am inquiring as to whether anyone has had issues getting diesel in Golden..here in Rocky it is becoming a little scarce..gotta live with the horrendous price, but don't want to get stranded..(although there are worse places) Thanks

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello..I am inquiring as to whether anyone has had issues getting diesel in Golden..here in Rocky it is becoming a little scarce..gotta live with the horrendous price, but don't want to get stranded..(although there are worse places) Thanks
you think alberta pricing is bad, wait till you get out here. $1.45 today.

Last edited by a moderator:

CB1

Reaction score
SIlverfox, your chevy is so good on fuel why do you need diesel, just round trip it on one tank!!! LOL

CB1

Reaction score
6.4 Litre actually. I just put some oil in it, Running much better now! lol 96 litre tank also but very much range anxiety, around Sask River Crossing!!!

WeDIGsledders

Reaction score
I took my diesel Golf from Golden to Calgary for a treat on Wednesday, $1.19 versus $1.46 Outside of Vancouver Golden is one of the most expensive places for fuel in B.C.

schoooled dweeb

Reaction score
This past wknd I was in Golden from Edmonton
DIESEL IN GOLDEN WAS 1.309
Lake Louise has diesel at the Husky ..formerly the Esso..
the price was 1.27 or so
but the station closes at 10pm ..IIRC
so remember this when you are traveling late at night through there
The PetroCan doesn't have diesel in Lake Lousie those are the only 2 stations in L.L.
Its only another 90km to Golden.....take jerry cans
I filled up in Canmore at the Petrocan 1.179
Airdrie was 1.149
edmonton ....best i found 1.119

Might be worth the drive to go south on 22 to canmore and fill up
then rather go thru saskatchewan crossing...which isn't open at all during winter season
might even b shorter mileage wise

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Golden is sick with fuel prices I agree as is 90% of all them smaller in between places that ya either need to fuel up or ya dont....

The Island is HORRIBLE as well!!!!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You also need to keep in mind you are paying more taxes on fuel in BC over Alberta. But yes, they can charge more because you HAVE to buy from them. Radium is even worse.

turbofarmer

Reaction score
Ya it sucks, but must pay to play! Having to spend an extra $40 on a trip to mountains with a $15000 sled and a $60000 truck "oh well" I think we'll survive. BC does mean bring cash! :Snowmobile1:

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
think of it as supporting the local economy. the more money sledders pour into a community that doesnt have much for industry and infrastructure the better off everyone is.
Besides keep your receipts you can get alot of the BC tax back if your a alberta resident ;)

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ask your accountant about it there's a clause in it somewhere as long as your writing off your fuel to a business or farm.
just remember if you do to have some sort of "proof" it was a business related trip and your golden

GBC

Reaction score
think of it as supporting the local economy. the more money sledders pour into a community that doesnt have much for industry and infrastructure the better off everyone is.
Besides keep your receipts you can get alot of the BC tax back if your a alberta resident ;)

Good thoughts..!

Top Bottom