Did Arctic Cat change the formula to it's 2-cycle oil?

Arctic37

Reaction score
Has anyone out there noticed this difference in Cat's 2-cycle oil? The one on the left is oil that I just purchased this past weekend and the one on the right is oil that was bought back in the fall prior to the season. The one on the right is what I've always known Cat's oil to look like. Is the one on the left a "New And Improved" version or just some kind of mistake?:confused:

Attachments

• Injection Oil 2.jpg
    Injection Oil 2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 310

psycoticmudder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone out there noticed this difference in Cat's 2-cycle oil? The one on the left is oil that I just purchased this past weekend and the one on the right is oil that was bought back in the fall prior to the season. The one on the right is what I've always known Cat's oil to look like. Is the one on the left a "New And Improved" version or just some kind of mistake?:confused:

i run the yamaha oil same as cat still thick and half the cost

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres artic cat 2 stroke oil and theres arctic cat APV 2 stroke oil, the containers look similar. Could you have mixed them up?

Arctic37

Reaction score
theres artic cat 2 stroke oil and theres arctic cat APV 2 stroke oil, the containers look similar. Could you have mixed them up?

No I it's clearly stated on the containers which ones are APV and which are 50:1 INJECTION OIL. The ones I have say 2-CYCLE 50:1 INJECTION OIL. I read them a few times just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Check Out my next post FALLEN, I actually got a reponse from CAT.

Arctic37

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I just talked to a guy from Arctic Cat named Tom Schaefer, he is the oil coordinator there. He faxed over to the oil manufacturer the picture I had sent him about the differences in the oil. Unfortunately, when he faxed them the color pictures I sent him they got it in black and white, so I'm going to send them an actual sample of the oil so they can look at it first hand. Tom did say though that I should NOT use the oil until they are able to figure out what happened, he thinks it may have been contaminated or simply that some of the dye had been left out he's not sure. He did say though that the manufacturer told him that there have been NO CHANGES made to the oil's formula so there should not be any difference, they are not sure what happened either. So if any of you guys have purchased oil recently you may want to check it and don't use it if it looks lighter like the picture in my first post. It may be safe to use it might not, I'm not going to take that chance. As soon as I can find a way to get a sample of the oil to them without it spilling all over, I'll let everyone know what they tell me. Stay tunned.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool! thanks for the info.I'll have to keep an eye on the oil i buy now!

Clinebo

Reaction score
Hmmmm weird! Does the lighter colored oil seem to be a different weight? It'll be interesting to see what thier answer is. Does the container have a lot number so we can look out for it? Good thread!

Arctic37

Reaction score
Finally heard back from Cat on the samples I sent them and the manufacturer says the oil is ok it's just a little short on the green dye they use to make the oil darker.

Clinebo

Reaction score
Finally heard back from Cat on the samples I sent them and the manufacturer says the oil is ok it's just a little short on the green dye they use to make the oil darker.

Whew! Thats a relief. :d Good job! :beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom