diamond drive removal

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
09 m8 the track started to ratchet at the end of last year, i am guessing it has something to do with the drive, any tips to pull the entire unit out not just pull the cover off or what needs to be done to remove it, i am also going to be upgrading the the camo extreme 2.5 so if having to remove the track its no biggie thanks shawn

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Track ratcheting has nothing to do with the Diamond Drive. Track tension needs to be tightened by adjusting the rear axle. Removing the Diamond Drive is easy though. Remove all the bolts holding the case to the bulkhead on the PTO side, then get a long extension and remove the one bolt inside the drive axle holding the axle to the DD output shaft going in from the mag side behind the brake disc. With a little coaxing the drive will come out as one unit. Don't need to pull the track, but it sounds like you're gonna be changing it anyway.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are installing a camo extreme you will need to do some slight mods to the track( cut about 3/4 0f the nub height off on the inside of the track on the d/d side) This is the part that is inside the track and goes past your drivers, if you dont it'll rub on the d/d. I have done lots and this is easy to do. While you have the d/d out and apart replace the bearing that is more or less in the center of the planetary.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are installing a camo extreme you will need to do some slight mods to the track( cut about 3/4 0f the nub height off on the inside of the track on the d/d side) This is the part that is inside the track and goes past your drivers, if you dont it'll rub on the d/d. I have done lots and this is easy to do. While you have the d/d out and apart replace the bearing that is more or less in the center of the planetary.

Will he still have to do this on an '09? I thought it would clear when they went to engine reverse and got rid of the reverse DD case. Just an assumption on my part....mines an '07 so it would definately need to be trimmed.

Top Bottom