Dfc Diesel Rebuilders

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone had any experience with these guys. I'm picking up a reman 6.7 power stroke from them because ford had nothing available and I needed it yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Matt (owner) is awesome. Had him build me a couple diesel race motors in the past. Good work and they stand behind their products.

Cummins610

Reaction score
Best quality factory rebuilds there is. Wouldn't even consider anyone else in Alberta

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear some positive feedback, spun a main about a year and a half ago, dropped a valve on Monday morning. I had a 6.0 in my last truck and managed 15000hrs with only a set of head gaskets and and a half dozen injectors. This will be the fifth turbo under the hood of this truck.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's brutal I've had them all from a 7.3 to to 6.7 and I love my 6.7. Are you deleted or stock?

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they will but make sure they do the "bearing mod". What cratered on old engine?

Is this to address ford $hitty main bearings? I hope so. I'm not sure what I got, it's the last one they had. I will have to ask when I pick it up in the morning

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes apparently they can notch the bearings or add retainer gizmos so they do not spin in the journals

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kept it stock for warranty because it was having so many failures, but thinking about it now deleting it may have saved a few of them. This new engine will not be even started once without it being deleted

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warranty covered most of the issues except last turbo and this engine . I'm just lucky someone else hasn't taken my job with all the down time I've had

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warranty covered most of the issues except last turbo and this engine . I'm just lucky someone else hasn't taken my job with all the down time I've had

Your good at what you do obviously Justin.
Hope this next motor treats you very good .
A surveyor I use wouldn't use any other supplier for his 6 L motors. Hasn't had one problem with remans.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who else will give that kind of a warranty on a modded engine?! You can't beat it. Some of the big shops in Calgary use them too.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Matt's a good buddy of mine we only use his engines he stands behind his product and does awesome work. not many guys warranty a heavily modded motor but matt will. a lot of companies down south are starting to catch on to his work and start using him for all there motors.

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up my engine this morning, one of the builders took time to explain and show me there bearing mod and went through their processes with me. Seems to be a first class operation. My truck should be running Friday afternoon so I'm pretty happy

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice glad it's looks like it's working out for you it should be a runner now... You had a bum deal the two quirks on the 6.7 and you got them both. Can you summarize what they do with the bearing mod please and is it possible to do while engine is in a good running truck?

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice glad it's looks like it's working out for you it should be a runner now... You had a bum deal the two quirks on the 6.7 and you got them both. Can you summarize what they do with the bearing mod please and is it possible to do while engine is in a good running truck?

They drill a hole in the block and main bearing cap and install a small pin that aligns with holes on the bearings, this keeps them from being able to spin or move side to side. Your engine would have to be completely disassembled. I know a few guys that have these engines and they haven't missed a beat, maybe I just got a bad one. This was a pretty expensive hit, for just being off warranty.

Top Bottom