detonation campaing

Burnster

Reaction score
My 09 800 146 starting burning lots of fuel and had a real crappy mid-range-seemed rich. Changed plugs on the trail seemed to help a bit. Next time out the engine light came on within 2 minutes and it was back on the deck and off to Red Deer. The lady at the service dept. said that there was a campaign on the detonation. I asked if a campaign was another word for a re-call and she said yes. Nobody from BRP or the dealer ever contacted me and she said they just do them as they come in. They had it fixed within 2 hours and it pulls real strong but mid-range still seems a bit sloppy. Phone your dealer or you may be walking home. Anybody else out there have this issue ?

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
The knock sensor update is cause.....When the unit detects detonation it will go into limp home mode and not come out till dealer resets it. The update allows the ECU to reset upon restart after unit is shut down.

99.9% of bad fuel milage is due to bad fuel octane. THESE 800R's need 91. If a lower octain is used the unit will detonate and the the ECU will richen causing it to burn more fuel to compensate adn the make the RAVEs slobery and sticky.

The cmpain is for 2009 and the 08's can be done also.

Top Bottom