Deka Lake

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody riden this area that can tell me what to expect when I get there. Thanks

GRD

Reaction score
Never heard of the place. Looking forward to hearing about it.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking on the map, it is about 35 km east of 100 Mile House, BC. (I don't know any more than that).

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I knew where it was but I was hoping somebody had been there and riden the area but I guess I will have to see for myself. :D

Dogbite

Reaction score
I don't know what kind of riding you do, if you're looking for mountain high experiences, you will have to go a little further east and a little to the north. If it's trail riding, you've picked the right area. I don't know if the ice has setup on those lakes yet, best bet would be to phone Cariboo Bonaza Resort at Horse Lake and ask if ice is on that lake and safe to ride. If the answer is yes, then it will be good to go at Deka. These lakes are good for ice-fishing Kokanee (nooo, not the cans). Bridge would be a good bet too, call MoonDance Bay Resort for conditions there.

SparkyX670

Reaction score
I was checking out Deka Lake on Google and wondering if anyone has been riding there and what it's like this winter.Not looking for hillclimbing.Is the road plowed into Deka Lake?

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the road is plowed,my parents live out there.Lots of trail riding,there is Windy Mtn. you can ride,but it's not that large.The lakes are good to go too.:beer:

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know what kind of riding you do, if you're looking for mountain high experiences, you will have to go a little further east and a little to the north. If it's trail riding, you've picked the right area. I don't know if the ice has setup on those lakes yet, best bet would be to phone Cariboo Bonaza Resort at Horse Lake and ask if ice is on that lake and safe to ride. If the answer is yes, then it will be good to go at Deka. These lakes are good for ice-fishing Kokanee (nooo, not the cans). Bridge would be a good bet too, call MoonDance Bay Resort for conditions there.

I live right by Bonanza Resort,so just ask me.:d

SparkyX670

Reaction score
Yes the road is plowed,my parents live out there.Lots of trail riding,there is Windy Mtn. you can ride,but it's not that large.The lakes are good to go too.:beer:

Thanks Growly,if I head over that way I will PM you.Cheers:beer:

Top Bottom