Deep snow assault :)

M

mattmedic

:d For those of you that care to read this, this is my little blurb on the assault and the track, for the past 4 days a group of friends and myself went to Revy and rode Frisby ridge. The day we arrived there it snowed and snowed to a grand total of 36" or more up top..... As a precaution i put duct tape over the light adj knob. for the snow ingestion problem i have been reading about. Figuring that i was the short track of the group and stiffness of the track being accounted for , i gave it my best effort to go places that i figured would be tough for the sled and track, and it came out shining, (and no hijacking involved:nono:) for the depth of the snow i was able to ride with a 1000 cat 163" rev 800, 155", new dragon 155" , and many other long tracks, where ever we went i was more than able to play, trenching just as much as the next sled. Friends were impressed with the sled, for being a shorter track, but the 800cc kept playing hard, weather jumping, bumping, or boondocking. In my opinion this sled doesn't need to defend itself anymore ,:paddle: "case closed" :plugears:

ASSAULT for LIFE...

Attachments

• IMG_2408.jpg
    IMG_2408.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2409.jpg
    IMG_2409.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2388.jpg
    IMG_2388.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2432.jpg
    IMG_2432.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 85

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice Pics~! Can't wait till next weekend...just hope the rain turns into massive amounts of SNOW

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled is definetly 'Bad ASS'....I just think my buddy got a weak one. 153 M8 out climbed it in Dec and beat it in a lake race.(Yeah I know their mountian sleds) I honestly thought it would walk all over me with a shorter track and more HP, but........never happen'd. It's good yours is workin well with no problem's. I would love to see buddies run strong and give me a run.....I feed off that!

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's great.....WOW!!! An Assault that actually works in the snow..WICKED!!! I hope your luck continues.......

Copter6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics, Hope to hear more about the sled on future rides!

catIII

Reaction score
Agreed...

Rode last week in Revy, 5 days straight and I never had one single problem with it (knock on wood). Of course in the deep stuff it wont climb as good as a doo, but when it's harder snow with a base look out, it chews.

I've got 850 KM's on mine now and I just noticed the left front shock is screwed, looks like it just needs to be pumped up. Other than that no problems and I hope it continues, I really like it.

Attachments

• IMG_3014.jpg
    IMG_3014.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 94
  • P1030784.jpg
    P1030784.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 82
  • P1030875.jpg
    P1030875.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 80
  • P1030815.jpg
    P1030815.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 94
M

mattmedic

Agreed...

Rode last week in Revy, 5 days straight and I never had one single problem with it (knock on wood). Of course in the deep stuff it wont climb as good as a doo, but when it's harder snow with a base look out, it chews.

I've got 850 KM's on mine now and I just noticed the left front shock is screwed, looks like it just needs to be pumped up. Other than that no problems and I hope it continues, I really like it.
thanks catIII , mine blew a front shock, but im not worried, should be fixed as we speak.
your pics are cool, was too snowy to take pics in revy, but im happy with the way it flys........lol, keep up the good work...

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These headlight adjusters that keep causing the problems of snow injestion, just wondering why they have this feature, does the light keep going out of adjustment or something so you have to be able to adjust on the fly?. If I had one i would remove the damn thing and cover the hole permantely. Stupid engineers.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These headlight adjusters that keep causing the problems of snow injestion, just wondering why they have this feature, does the light keep going out of adjustment or something so you have to be able to adjust on the fly?. If I had one i would remove the damn thing and cover the hole permantely. Stupid engineers.

They have that option so the rider can adjust on the fly it really isn't necessary it could be removed as i haven't used mine once got it covered with a piece of good old fashion duct tape. They should take it out and trim some weight.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good post dude
i have heard really mixed reviews on this rig
I would like to upgrade one day, definatly not brand biased
just want something w warranty

but some guys are saying that the track is too stiff, it doesnt work in powder, only on set up snow, it tops out at 65MPH, blah blah blah

sorry not to hijack your thread or anything
obviuosly your post says it worked ok in the pow

would you reccomend the sled?

thanks!

M

mattmedic

good post dude
i have heard really mixed reviews on this rig
I would like to upgrade one day, definatly not brand biased
just want something w warranty

but some guys are saying that the track is too stiff, it doesnt work in powder, only on set up snow, it tops out at 65MPH, blah blah blah

sorry not to hijack your thread or anything
obviuosly your post says it worked ok in the pow

would you reccomend the sled?

thanks!
its a great sled, my buddy has one and loves it to he's 320lbs, and has no problem in the deeper snow, just learn the throttle..lol. the only complaint i have is on hard packed smooth snow, i climbed a big hill, and came down faster than i wanted to, the flatness of the paddles wouldn't dig in to slow me down, just slid on top like a crazy carpet..lol...a one time thing , i'm not to sure...went out again this weekend and rode in 2' of untouched snow , and had a great time ripping it up... if you can try before you buy , see if its the machine for you, and the suspension can be adjusted to your ride style, one heck of a machine though.....i love mine, hope this helps....

Top Bottom