Deck trailer

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To those with two place deck trailers (torsion axle), if you're hauling only one sled, do you haul it on one side or the center of the trailer? I'm trying to decide if I need glides for two sleds or to add a third set for running one up the center. Is there any issues with off center loading for one sled?

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To those with two place deck trailers (torsion axle), if you're hauling only one sled, do you haul it on one side or the center of the trailer? I'm trying to decide if I need glides for two sleds or to add a third set for running one up the center. Is there any issues with off center loading for one sled?

Triton TC-11 enclosed - 15" tires. My trailer leans to the side enough for me to warrant moving my sled to the middle. Not much mind you, but i like my stuff centre and slightly front loaded so you never know the trailer is behind you.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say you are fine,,, if its a 7 hour drive maybe slide it to the middle or even toss the track towards the middle to help spread some weight I wouldnt worry too much or are ya running 12inch tires lol

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i pull my 2 place with one sled i always put it in the middle. For me it has nothing to do with weight distribution. Its all the crap coming off the roads, the sled stays cleaner in the middle.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i pull my 2 place with one sled i always put it in the middle. For me it has nothing to do with weight distribution. Its all the crap coming off the roads, the sled stays cleaner in the middle.

Good point.

Highways are generally slopped to the passenger side. Place it on the drivers side if you will leave it to one side. I have a tandem axle so I see no sag what so ever.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but the drivers also get slop.

In the center has the best chance to keep somewhat clean

sent from my htc

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saying that since it will be heavy on the left will have a better chance of being level. if you put it on the passenger side its heavy on that side AND the road is sloped that way.
I agree center will be most protected.

Top Bottom