Deck for a Frontier CC

cbk7

Reaction score
Anyone heard of a deck that will fit a Nissan Frontier Crewcab with a "standard bed" which has a length of 5 ft? Not sure how much weight the tailgate could hold, but that would give it another foot or so...

Thanks.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you'd be looking at something custom.

Don't put it out on your tailgate.

Actually if I was going to build a deck for a minitruck I would consider a support for the skis to go up a little on the roof, like so the back tips of the skis are still on the deck but the skis go up like / but with less angle.

Reason is a long track on a 7' deck is about as short as you want to go, and with a 5' deck that's already a full 2' overhang.

I would have loved to do this to my old ranger. I would get thumbs up all the time rolling around with a 450 bike and a 450 quad - half hanging over the side - in the back.

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello

I would suggest using one of our single loaders, as you are not going to be putting two machines on your truck anyways. Also using a deck will take away some useful load out of your truck. If you are set on putting a single deck on your truck we can make you a custom one no problem, that fits your truck properly.

Thanks

FLM Staff
Full Lotus Manufacturing -
info@full-lotus.com

Attachments

• DSCF8098.jpg
    DSCF8098.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCF8093.jpg
    DSCF8093.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Slayer666

Reaction score
Whats your price on that one you got on the f-150, with an extension piece.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Despite the fact that we are Marathon deck dealers, due to the size of your truck bed we would strongly suggest to you for the safety of all, yourself and other motorists, to consider getting a small trailer to haul your sleds around rather than a deck. You may be able to find either a two place open or a single open trailer to meet your needs.

Slayer666

Reaction score
Already have a two place trailer, want a one place deck for my truck now. So its easier to haul three instead of jamming them all on a 2 place.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Despite the fact that we are Marathon deck dealers, due to the size of your truck bed we would strongly suggest to you for the safety of all, yourself and other motorists, to consider getting a small trailer to haul your sleds around rather than a deck. You may be able to find either a two place open or a single open trailer to meet your needs.

I strongly agree with this ive seen way too many smaller truck hauling way over their intended capacity! :nono: This was one of the deciding factors of myself buying a 1/2 ton in 2004.Then as i aquired more toys i had to step up to 3/4 ton diesel to haul them safely!, Its bad enough to see people hauling way beyond their capacities in the summer time but even worse to see them doing so in the winter ( stopping distances, slippery corners etc) This is just my opinion but id rather share the roads with vehicles that are hauling to their capabilities instead of risking everyone elses safety ( including many peoples kids) on the roads.
it sucks but some times you gotta pay to play lol

But again do as you will because this is just my opinion! cheers! :beer::d

2009 nissan Frontier crew cab 4wd
- payload 1214lbs - 13** lbs +/- ( depending on what wheelbase)
- max towing capacity 6100 lbs

with the tow rating im sure you could easily tow on a 3 -4 place aluminum trailer fairly easy vs. exceeding your payload

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a deck on my half ton this year for ease of hauling my sled around but I will not haul two on it. Even though I have airbags my GVW is only around 1600 so I could get away with hauling two around albertac(B.C. is another story) but why risk it. When I upgrade trucks in a year or two to a 3/4 or 1 ton then I already have the deck ready to go and can haul two sleds safely.

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looked into custom deck for f-150 step side from marathon and jet craft both were quoted around $4800 which means $5500 never be able to re-sell deck only good for step side truck and still only haul one sled safely and wouldn't be able to go into b.c. solution sold truck bought one ton diesel.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im gonna have to agree with the majority and say to upgrade to a 3 place trailer with electric brakes, leave the truck box for gas and gear. Why would you want to run the risk of a collision because you are overloaded. I even noticed a huge baking difference with my 3/4ton chevy running a 2 place trailer with no brakes and a sled in the back.
Upgrade truck or upgrade trailer

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see the issue with one sled on the back.. Yes it'll affect braking somewhat, but he is within payload with only one sled on the back.

I have a Tacoma with 5' box and I'm considering building a deck on mine for one sled. It'll be built using the box bolts and tie downs so it'll only be ~2-3" higher then the floor of the box to keep the COG lower and help with handling, braking, etc. I have similar load ratings and 6500 lb towing (although the engine can't do that)

So...:

> Sled... 650lbs
> Gas sled.. 50lbs
> Gas truck.. 80lbs
> Gear/luggage.. 250lbs
> Me.. 200lbs
> Snow.. 300lbs
=================
1530lbs payload max + rack weight (150-200lbs?)

Am I missing anything? Whooops.. looking at ratings I guess it's only rated for 1200lbs and not the 1800 I thought it was...

There goes that idea...

Guess you have to get a trailer, or you'll be going REALLY close to weighted limit. Recalculating the "not so worst case" i get around 1140# less snow weight of truck and sled. Next step is to calculate axle weight.

Jake

Reaction score
If ou are looking at payload ratings in the sales brochure or similar thery are BS, not even close to what your truck can actually haul. You have to scale the vehicle. The weights in the brochures are for a stripped down base model usually. The chevy half ton I looked at a while back could only haul 500 lbs, the brochure was something like 1600 lbs.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If ou are looking at payload ratings in the sales brochure or similar thery are BS, not even close to what your truck can actually haul. You have to scale the vehicle. The weights in the brochures are for a stripped down base model usually. The chevy half ton I looked at a while back could only haul 500 lbs, the brochure was something like 1600 lbs.

Do I have to outline the reason for this??

I've had 1200lbs in my Taco before and it handled it well. Often I put 600-800 in the back. Actually nearly every weekend. Handles it like a champ.

Also did 1200 lbs in my old 06 dakota and it handled it reasonably well.

If your CHEV didn't handle 1200 lbs easily, you've got an issue to take up with the manufacture.

Top Bottom