December 2009 Conditions

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
New month. Bright, sunny day - bluebird skies and temp is at about -5 with no wind. Perfect conditions. The boys have gone up Lucille and will post pictures when they get back. Yesterday they were plowing through about 4 feet of powder. Everyone is amazed at how great the snow is for this time of year.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
off the Lucille hill. blue bird sky, cool and 4 feet of powder still. a work out for sure today lots of snow in town and the trail up has a ton of snow on it and groomed as well.
camera didn't work from picture one on, sorry no pic's. maybe the guys i was with have some but we were almost afraid to stop as it was so deep.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw today, only 10 sleds up top, 7 in our group. Nipple deep powder at the cabin. A lot of stucks within 300 yds of the cabin. Took a long time to break up into the meadow. Blue skies and no wind up top. No one further than the meadow today.:d

It was a great day for the belt manufactures today!!!!!

Trail has lots of snow, but the creek crossings and deletion ditches were a big workout.:( Lots of trees loaded with snow over the trail, some spruce down across the trail. Hopefully the groomer will get up there before the snow sets hard and gets the ditches filled, he has tons of snow to work with.

Maybe pics tonight if I have any energy left.

A big thanks to Glen at Spindrift. He helped us fix a cheap shock part that we couldn't even get help with in Vale. That's how we ended up in Mcbride, and it was worth the drive!!!

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
Clear and colder today. No wind, no clouds and the sun is shining. Temp is about -10 right now. For those sledders coming to McBride this weekend, dress warmly, it's supposed to stay on the cold side the next few days. Will let you know if/when the weather changes.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up friday night, can't wait!! Finally get to test out the RT1000 :d

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-5 now and blue skies all day. - 8 for a high tomorrow and right through the weekend, cold at night -20----if the weatherman is right. not very often is he right.
if that cold in the morning you might want to get a later start. more beers at night, sleep in.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for digging me out barry, wow the snow was deeeeep, but it was well worth it! thanks judy and barry you guys have very nice place can't wait to get back, post pics later if camera works, cheers:beer::beer:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for digging me out barry, wow the snow was deeeeep, but it was well worth it! thanks judy and barry you guys have very nice place can't wait to get back, post pics later if camera works, cheers:beer::beer:

no problem, ya it was a bit deep in spots. ok all the spots were deeeeeep. see ya next time.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-8 this AM and a bit of a wind. see there are a bunch of guys already in town. Groomer is still working on the Renshaw trail, got to 23 last nite and should finish tomorrow.
Trail fees will be in effect so please have your $15.00 for the collector and thanks for riding Mcbride we all appreciate your support.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had to work all day so no ride for me. the boys that were up Renshaw say it is deeeep and Ron and Darren were up Belle doing testing on both machines said it was very good. going up Renshaw tomorrow. SAR off to Valemount to pull a poor soul out of Keyhole with injuries. was working so got the nite off, hope all goes well with that rescue.
Ron's sled is now running great and so is Darren's new 1000. got a few bugs worked out of them today so should be a trouble free ride tomorrow in the Renshaw.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to hear Rons sled is working.......Darrens too..........What about that Turbo Apex..........Would love to watch Mike ride that sled!
Thanks for the update Barry!
catmando!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mike didnt make the trip. Next time maybe.

Sound kind of wierd that Rons sled running great. Must be another year.
Good to hear Ron you deserve to have a great running sled. You now know that sled front to back inside out. Good on you Ron.

Hope you boys have a wonderfull ride tommorow in Renshaw

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We rode Belle on Dec 4, It was cloudy and the weather was about -8 to - 10, The snow was pretty good about 1 1/2 feet of fresh powder, we didn't have much time to ride as I had a programming and fuel issue, Darren needed to adjust suspention and digitron issues. We went back to town and got fixed up. Thanks to Dave at Powderlites for the assistance, got her running great, and dialed in. Needed to up the fuel pressure as well. Neil the exhaust sounds great. Not any other issues, well I broke my windshield when I got sucked in to a tree :d THen we headed out to Lucelle to finish our day.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
Lovely day today. Sun is shining, very little wind. Temp is at about -10 but the sun should warm that up.

The guys have all gone up Renshaw today. Most guys to ride, Barry to fix the warmup cabin (porcupine ate a hole in the floor again), and Rod to rescue a broke down sled. Full day for everyone. Hopefully rknight111 will post some pics.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Yeah we need pictures. Iam glad that Ron's sled is working.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah we need pictures. Iam glad that Ron's sled is working.

Well, I can't provide pics, but I can say conditions are pretty awesome in Renshaw. On Friday, with the help of six guys from Edson (thanks guys), my buddy and I broke out the trail into the ant hills in Renshaw. It took us the full day to get to the alpine. Powder was at least three feet deep on top of and awesome base for this time of year. We went back to the same spot today and found that the snow was quite windswept up top, but we dropped down into a little favourite area of our's out of the wind and played in a couple of feet of powder all day. Absolutely awesome first trip for me.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We rode renshaw, It was clear when we got there then the clouds came then it started snowing, visibility wasn't too good. We rode close to the cabin and we had at least 2 1/2 Fresh powder. Barry dropped into a vally on the way to the waterfall and it was 3 1/2 to 4' deep and totally untracked. Had fun though and sled ran great. Hopefully we can ride today, the weather is a bit chilly.

Attachments

• Resized_mcbridedec5 004.jpg
    Resized_mcbridedec5 004.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Resized_mcbridedec5 005.jpg
    Resized_mcbridedec5 005.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Resized_mcbridedec5 006.jpg
    Resized_mcbridedec5 006.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Resized_mcbridedec5 011.jpg
    Resized_mcbridedec5 011.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Resized_mcbridedec5 010.jpg
    Resized_mcbridedec5 010.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Resized_mcbridedec5 009.jpg
    Resized_mcbridedec5 009.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Resized_mcbridedec5 008.jpg
    Resized_mcbridedec5 008.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 75

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Heres a few more pics, the last one we stopped and helped some people on the trail coming down.

Please pack out what you pack in. The Renshaw cabin was quite littered in garbage.

Attachments

• Resized_mcbridedec5 009.jpg
    Resized_mcbridedec5 009.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Resized_mcbridedec5 010.jpg
    Resized_mcbridedec5 010.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Resized_mcbridedec5 012.jpg
    Resized_mcbridedec5 012.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 90
Top Bottom