Death Near Carstairs

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woman, 70, dies in ATV crash north of Calgary
CBC News

Last Updated: Jul 29, 2011 2:59 PM MT

A 70-year-old woman is dead after the ATV she was driving crashed near Carstairs, north of Calgary.

The Calgary woman was operating the off-road vehicle for the first time on Thursday afternoon.

A 45-year-old man was riding on the back. Neither was wearing a helmet.

Police said the woman lost control of the ATV, driving it into the side of a barn.

Both were taken to hospital in Calgary where the woman died on Thursday night.

The man is still at Foothills hospital suffering from serious head and internal injuries, police said.

Alcohol was not a factor. No names are being released.

Sorry of anyone from the site knows these people

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No brain bucket makes it hard for me to feel sorry for someone in that situation.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably some guy showing his mom how fun and easy it is to drive a quad around the yard. Sad story.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
We just spent 12 days in the CNP area and I am flabbergasted and amazed by how many people ride without helmets, and we are in the MOUNTAINS. We did some scary trails, steep and very rutted and on one trail we met a group of riders only two had helmets on. One lady had two kids on the quad with her, one in the back on a seat and a one year old strapped to her chest and they had just come up this steep rutted hill. Stupid. If she had lost control there would have been serious injuries and probably a death also. I still shudder to think what could have happened. The trail was the Mcgillvary Creek trail around Crowsnest mountain and I will not do that trail again until the rutted section is fixed. Everything else was good.

Top Bottom