Dead VP44

Mister Bee

Reaction score
The other day my injection pump packed her in (P1688 code), merry christmas to me, and am wondering if anyone knows of a replacement for a reasonable cost in alberta (new or rebuilt, no used ones). Phoned Cummins and they want $2700 (must be new unit but forgot to ask), Dodge dealer asking $2250 (rebuilt). But it sure is tempting to order one from US since a lot of sites advertising for just under $1100 U.S. Has anyone ordered one online and if so how was your experience? thanks in advance.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NADP if you like it from behind.
Best place I've found without having to deal with customs etc. is Peak Diesel out on the coast. Ask for Harry, he's pretty good, came over from Piers Diesel Research. The new PDR is pretty good to.

Mister Bee

Reaction score
If you decide to go the U.S. route, this guy has a pretty good rep for quality and customer service.

DieselAutoPower.com

Yeah there is a lot of people on cumminsforum that say good things about him, just want to try and find one a little closer. Industrial Injection is out of salt lake and is $1000. But am looking at the place in bc, then i don't have to worry about customs. But I haven't bought anything yet.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not saying I like it from behind!

Whoops, didn't mean to imply that.
I've tried to buy stuff from NADP before but their prices are insane on some stuff. I think they think our dollar is still worth 40 cents.

Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The other day my injection pump packed her in (P1688 code), merry christmas to me, and am wondering if anyone knows of a replacement for a reasonable cost in alberta (new or rebuilt, no used ones). Phoned Cummins and they want $2700 (must be new unit but forgot to ask), Dodge dealer asking $2250 (rebuilt). But it sure is tempting to order one from US since a lot of sites advertising for just under $1100 U.S. Has anyone ordered one online and if so how was your experience? thanks in advance.

I have ordered wheel bearing assy. for my 05 3500 Dodge Cummins 4X4 from Rock Auto. Chrysler price $572 Napa price $300 Roch auto $275 with shipping and handling GST and exchange rate. ordered Friday Delivered following Friday. Will use them again in the future

Last edited:

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NADP if you like it from behind.
Best place I've found without having to deal with customs etc. is Peak Diesel out on the coast. Ask for Harry, he's pretty good, came over from Piers Diesel Research. The new PDR is pretty good to.

ROFLMFAO SO TRUE SO TRUE :awesome_dude::lol2::agree: ( about NADP )

CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG I HEARD HARRY LEFT THERE

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my dodge bout 2 months ago, got a Hot Rod VP44 from BD through Big Dog Performance In Calgary, Definetly livend the truck up and price was under 2 grand.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'd rather order 2 from the states and if one of them gets lost in the mail I'd still feel better than paying the prices Cummins and Dodge quoted you. I'll go a long way out of my way to avoid getting bent over.

My bro got one a couple years ago, Kenny where are you?

Mister Bee

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my dodge bout 2 months ago, got a Hot Rod VP44 from BD through Big Dog Performance In Calgary, Definetly livend the truck up and price was under 2 grand.

Did you upgrade your turbo to handle all of the extra fuel??

Top Bottom