dead short- 700 kawasaki

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last month when i was out on a ride my 06 kvf 700 just stopped working, all electrical was not working. 30 amp fuse under seat was burnt so replaced it and as soon as the key was turned back on it tripped again. pulled it back home a long ways then replaced the fuse again and it worked perfect until today. same thing happened and i went through 2 fuses so far both just trip when the key is turned on. does anyone know what this fuse regulates or where i could find a wiring diagram. any help would be appreciated.

monster sledder

Reaction score
how did you make out with your kawi. We were the group that lent you guys the air compressor. You were in the saddle hills when that happened?

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O yes! Ended up just being a wire that wore through and was grounding out on the frame. It was hard to find though because once we got back to camp and put a new fuse in it it was fine for about a month then it did the same thing.... I'm thinking if we had another fuse by the time we got to the bad hart the wire would have lost contact with the frame and I could have drove it up that stupid fricken hill.

Top Bottom