daytime running lights

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to do it in my older trucks by either putting in a blown fuse, or one click of the e-brake pedal. But be careful, cause you can get a ticket for it

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know some hunters would put in a switch to shut them off

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can pull the fuse or the bulbs pretty easy.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see alot of new trucks that dont have the front daytime running lights on. How do these guys do this?

One way guys do this is through the dealers they can disable or enable day time running lights with the ecm. If you buy a truck stateside you just get it enabled here at a dealer so it is legal.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think in the states daytime running light aren't mandatory..So maybe those vehcile's you see might have come from the USA.

they would have had to go through an inspection prior to getting registered sp thet would have failed the inspection.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they would have had to go through an inspection prior to getting registered sp thet would have failed the inspection.

My truck is from Texas and has the daytime running lights but if I turn the nob for the lights to the left while I'm driving it shuts off my lights. :eek:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the purpose? Stalking an ex?

for visibility for other drivers. mainly safety. lots of times its easy to see for you to see for ex. in light fog, but how hard is it for you to see the white or grey vehicle coming at you either when you are on a 2 lane trying to pass, or they are in the wrong lane.:eek:

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for visibility for other drivers. mainly safety. lots of times its easy to see for you to see for ex. in light fog, but how hard is it for you to see the white or grey vehicle coming at you either when you are on a 2 lane trying to pass, or they are in the wrong lane.:eek:

Most programmers have the ability to turn off the day time running lights, seat belt chime, optical chirp for locking vs audible, fog lights on with high beams, all sorts of stuff.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just brought a vehicle up from the US and I had to add the DRL in order to pass the RIV inspection.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I meant why do you want to turn them off. seems like kind of a dumb thing to do. I thought road hunting was illegal. I think the trucks you see without them have burned out bulbs; all the worthless crap that comes from China these days don't last worth sh!t.......

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As soon as I get into my truck and start it the headlights come on, I always drive with my lights on no matter what vehicle I may be driving at the time.

Always have always will

Now if you are referring to hunting, well that's another story.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me too but they still turn off, which I try not to do...:nono:

:nono:Do not screw with safety features. What is the big deal with disabling them anyway? They don't take that much power and they help for the idiots who don't know when to turn on lights:rolleyes::d

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree, why would you want to mess with them? It kinda pizzes me off when I meet somebody in a grey truck, on a cloudy day, on a grey highway with no running lights. Makes it tough to see them coming.

Top Bottom