Days Inn Revy

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in case you guys didn't notice the ski hill is in town and granola crunchers spend a **** ton of money. good bad or otherwise hotels will get as much out of every penny they can. I think the Days INN and the sledders have had there day. I stayed there lots but not anymore. I think the service is biased to sledders, and more focused on a set of down hill skis that dont take up space.
You make a great point. We were talking to some skiers in the hot tub last year and they were shocked what we pay compared to them. They are getting hosed but I guess maybe they are used to that pricing? If a hotel does zero reno's or provides zero upgrades to their property and keeps raising prices each year for no reason then its time to go somewhere else. Its to bad its got to this point but it may be time to save some gas and go to Golden more or Fernie I guess. Revy is pricing themselves out of the market.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That isnt doing their job, thats being *untish, I check in early (like 830-9am) at the best western valemount almost every time we go there and have never been charged an extra night. Typical of a new canadian way of doing business. For years I stayed at the canoe mountain lodge in vale and it was awesome, locally owned and run, then it changed hands to a Super 8 and wasnt to bad, the upped prices but rooms were clean and was still locally ran. Then the new canadians completely took over running it and it went for $hit within the year, charging a full night for early check in, breakfast went for $hit, room cleanliness became very sub par, staff was rude, hot tub became a disease fest, kicking people out of the hot tub for having a beer etc. Took my 20+ night a year business down the road to the best western and have never been happier

Your post i found a little confusing, though it doesn't take much at times but it wasn't what i understood.
Either way now understanding the situation a little better. Customers are charged from 11:00am to 11:00am the next day. You stay one night or two it doesn't matter. In your case you tookup a room at 6:30am, 4.5hrs before check out/check in. Thus buying the previous day. Then took the room for the next day till 11:00am check out/check in, no matter if you choose to leave it early as check out is still 11:00am. So yes you should be charged for 2 day's fallowing hotel/motel rules.
Was it good service IMO, no it wasn't but its hard to complain if the clerk is just doing their job.

clintonk

Reaction score
That sounds like the Peaks Lodge now. I've been staying there for over 10 years, now there is new owners from down east ripping people off and I won't go back. It used to be a great place to stay but not anymore.

lorne1176

Reaction score
well that depends....did they book the room ahead of time and request a 6:30 am check in?

I read over lorne1176 post's and he does not clarify this but I think it's an important element of this issue. If they just showed up in town early and asked to put their belongings in an already empty room that wasn't sold from the night before, then no they should not be charged for the extra day. There was no extra cleaning needed as the room was empty from the previous night.
However, if lorne1176 requested in their booking of an early check-in then that meant the hotel was unable to sell the room and needed to keep that room empty the night before so lorne1176's group could have early access.....which should result in the extra charge.

perhaps lorne1176 can clarify this?

No we didn’t book the room the night before, we just showed up that morning. What gets me is we asked if we could check in early. She did not once mention we would be charged. Don’t get me wrong if they would have charged $50 for early check in fine I’m good with that. But said nothing about being charged period then to get $150 is absolutely ridiculous.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No we didn’t book the room the night before, we just showed up that morning. What gets me is we asked if we could check in early. She did not once mention we would be charged. Don’t get me wrong if they would have charged $50 for early check in fine I’m good with that. But said nothing about being charged period then to get $150 is absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks for clarifying that....I felt that was a very important point to whether you get charged or not. The hotel is definitely in the wrong....twice! Once for not telling you that he/she was going to charge you for taking your room early and wrong again for actually thinking that gouging a customer like that is acceptable. Keep on them..... you will get your money back

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You have reason to be upset if they didn't mention upfront an early check in few. I spend half my life in hotels for work travel and am accustomed to early check in and late check out fees but they are all ways clearly identified at booking. Never a whole night charge. Only once that happens to me when I arrived in Kuala Lumpoor at 2am and wanted to check in early.

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have reason to be upset if they didn't mention upfront an early check in few. I spend half my life in hotels for work travel and am accustomed to early check in and late check out fees but they are all ways clearly identified at booking. Never a whole night charge. Only once that happens to me when I arrived in Kuala Lumpoor at 2am and wanted to check in early.

I'm thinking that if hotels have always told you about early /late check in fees for half your life then just maybe you would have assumed or even asked about it ! Rules are rules why is everybody so surprised? Common courtesy is long gone

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just stayed at the peaks lodge for 1 night, I glad they are going renos, lol. The food there was amazing! I also stayed at the Days inn for the other 4 days. No issues other than the parking being a gong show, and the hot tubs being packed. The new Ramada looks nice, I may try there next time, but being so close to Zalas is a huge bonus.
The days in check in and out is clearly posted on the counter, but as per the OP asking to check in early, should not of warranted a hidden charge. I checked out early today at 4am should I of demanded that I get a discount? I would also be upset for getting charged this over a few hours.

Last edited:

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remada is nice new clean and comfy the breakfast selection was weak but sure they will figure it our

Top Bottom