Dam trucks

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been driving the highway to hell for the last 2 weeks, young guy died yesterday. May have been a death on monday? What the heck is going on?
Friggin truck drivers, as supposedly professional drivers, (LOL). Drive with left front wheel over the yellow line, and the friggin rear tires are about another 18 inches into the oncoming lane, plus the friggin wide load, These clowns need to be charged and charged heavy, Get these pro(LOL) drivers off the road, the young guy yesterday, was killed by a wide freakin load. Every morning seems to be the same, Do these guys all take lessons from the same billy bobs driving emporium

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been drivibg the highway to hell for the last 2 weeks, young guy died yesterday. May have been a death in monday? What the heck is going on?
Friggin truck drivers, as supposedly professional drivers, (LOL). Drive with left front wheel over the yellow line, and the friggin rear tires are about another 18 inches into the oncoming lane, plus the friggin wide load, These clowns need to be charged and charged heavy, Get these pro(LOL) drivers off the road, the young guy yesterday, was killed by a wide freakin load. Every morning seems to be the same, Do these guys all take lessons from the same billy bobs driving emporium
bah....kid probably wasn't paying attention to the flashing lights, over dimensional signs, orange flags....etc. 95% of the time the fault is not the truck

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The days of the "professional driver" seem to be gone. Find an old truck driver and ask him about the "professional" driver these days and get ready for a long discussion. I recently had a talk with a driver. Truckers use to be able to rely on each other and look out for each other, code of conduct if you will. Not so anymore. They use to just have to watch out for the "4 wheelers" (This is any vehicle with 4 wheels). Now they have to watch out for their own kind.
My Dad was in the true seance of the word a "professional" driver (now retired). Another driver gone, replaced by.........................

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just sold my dually and bought a half ton. I can't believe how many more trucks cross into my lane now. Apparently respect on the highways is about how big the vehicle you're driving is.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bah....kid probably wasn't paying attention to the flashing lights, over dimensional signs, orange flags....etc. 95% of the time the fault is not the truck

Maybe a few years ago, Now, I'd say youre about 45% High on your estimate . Way to many clowns driving big rigs.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a few years ago, Now, I'd say youre about 45% High on your estimate . Way to many clowns driving big rigs.
he's referring (I think) to the accident the other night on 881. 1am, superload travelling on his permit that mandates night travel, and a kid and his buddy slammed into the load. the guys hauling those loads aren't new recruits, but for the rest of the truck traffic I don't disagree with you.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry I don't know the particulars, just from what I have observed on this dam highway. guys passing 6 to 7 cars in a stretch, on a hill, or blind curve. friggin dangerous

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are dangerous people behind the wheel, no matter the size of the vehicle.

Trouble now, there is a higher volume of both. And both are more powerful.

People driving both are in too much of a hurry. Mix that with those very important Facebook conversations, texts, or epic Snow&Mud threads, seems the windshield isn't worth watching.

They are also lowering the standards for job requirements, truck driving included. Making them easy to drive doesn't help either.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I won't completely disagree about some of the truck drivers out there. However, you sure do get a good firsthand look at all of the idiotic, stupid, careless and just plain brainless chit that people (4 wheelers) do on the road when running a slow and/or piloted load. Everyone is in a fawkin' hurry to kill or be killed. I put a dash cam in my pilot truck to catch some of the stupid chit that I get to deal with daily.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove 63 weekly for 7 years. Most of the bad experiences were with semis. I think they are the worst drivers out there and obviously the most dangerous. As for the racist stuff. I'm sure we all know there is some pretty dumb hillbilly white guys out there too.
I live on highway 63 for 41 years and being the Fire Chief out here I seen a lot of crashes in my day its not always the big trucks that are in the wrong people just need to slow down and use there head I get pissed off when I hear 63 killer highway not the highways fault I drive a big truck and I cant count how many times I get passed on a double solid line people are just in a hurry all time well you play that game every day it will catch up with you

Cummins610

Reaction score
I live on highway 63 for 41 years and being the Fire Chief out here I seen a lot of crashes in my day its not always the big trucks that are in the wrong people just need to slow down and use there head I get pissed off when I hear 63 killer highway not the highways fault I drive a big truck and I cant count how many times I get passed on a double solid line people are just in a hurry all time well you play that game every day it will catch up with you

Exactly, I've made the trip from Edmonton to Fort Mac about 150 times in the last 4 years, it's not as bad as what the media makes it out to be. "killer road", people commenting on Facebook praying for their family members to get to town safely, you would think the the highway is scattered with suicide bombers and explosives by reading the news reports. Slow down, put the phone down, take attention of your surroundings, be a engaged driver and the rest will fall into place.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no it is not always the truck drivers fault, but when 9 out of 10 semi's coming at you are hugging the center line with the front tire, there dam rear trailer tires are over the line. so in essence they are using there 12 ft lane plus 2 feet of the oncoming lane, I am of the mind they are causing most of the accidents. see them passing on blind hills, corners etc. good god the crap you are hauling won't go bad, it has been sitting for days maybe weeks!!!

and it Is worse at night, dub azz's are now over the center line, cargo hanging off the deck, bouncing around on the pavement.
they need way more enforcement on these dam highways, transports and pickups both. fine the driver and the company they work for, and where they are hauling to. :rant:

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I won't completely disagree about some of the truck drivers out there. However, you sure do get a good firsthand look at all of the idiotic, stupid, careless and just plain brainless chit that people (4 wheelers) do on the road when running a slow and/or piloted load. Everyone is in a fawkin' hurry to kill or be killed. I put a dash cam in my pilot truck to catch some of the stupid chit that I get to deal with daily.

I agree, but it seems wide loads with pilot cars are kind of a crap shoot on safety. Why doesn't the back vehicle have a flashing light for safe to pass or un safe to pass sign, the clown swerving all over the road is really friggin dumb, just because EnCana wants to save $$$$ to get bigger skids to there sights, doesn't cut it with me, all falls back to money.

Top Bottom