D8 155 or 162 what are the pros and cons ?

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello, GREAT site i should have joined in a long time ago ! My dilemma is i just sold my 08 RMK 700 155 and am looking to upgrage to a D8. I loved the 155 track on my 7 for its all around versatility but was thinking of upgrading to an 800 with the 162 track but have not had the chance to ride one yet. Have heard lots of Pros and Cons for both but would like to hear what you guys think that have ridden them both and what you liked about each. Is a 162 strictly a high mark sled ? that is not easy to boondock ? are they harder on belts, fuel, clutches ? I generally ride Mcbride, Revy, Trout Lake. Vernon, Sicamous, Golden and do not sit and high mark all day, i like to make a mile in the Alpine and play on the Big hills and trees along the way and generally end up in bottomless powder with no tracks. I also do ride around Edmonton in the untouched cutlines the odd time , never on a groomed trail so is a 162 useless at 2500 FT ? any and all info is greatly appreciated as i am itchin to pull the trigger on a new one, but need to solve this issue first.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 Dragon with a 163 and love it......More foot print in the snow the better.....I rode a 155 and did'nt really like it due to it was a wheel machine we set the skid up and it still wheelied Im not a wheelie guy so for me im a 163 and going to a 174......Just my 2 cents

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I am a pretty light guy (175lbs) so climbing will not be an issue but is the extra track harder to pull around when you are climbing and trying to turn out ?

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You weigh 175lbs? My A$$!!! You have to stand twice to cast a shadow! You could run to the top on an old Massey or something! I think a big Kitty (162) would be a better choice! Hope your sled hunt is a good one! Good riding!

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I want to know is how did you put on 6600 k in that short of time. must be single!

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You weigh 175lbs? My A$$!!! You have to stand twice to cast a shadow! You could run to the top on an old Massey or something! I think a big Kitty (162) would be a better choice! Hope your sled hunt is a good one! Good riding!

Maybe that's what i should do bolt a 162 into my 1972 Massey 440 then i would show all you damn Cat guys how to climb LOL :)

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I want to know is how did you put on 6600 k in that short of time. must be single!

I wish i could ride that much. I bought the 08 700 RMK with 6000 km on it and it really is a testament to the quality of that sled. It still looked and rode like new with only one idler bearing in need of replacment.

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, I'm a little worried, that when you get a D8, that you will leave me at the cabin! LOL Get the 162 and you can pack the trails for us OLD guys!

Top Bottom