D&D Pipes

kilowatt

Reaction score
I picked up an 01 Arctic Cat 800 LE Mountain Cat in the late spring it has 950 miles on it and has a set of twin D&D pipes, the pipes look like they shon like chrome when they were new. Does anyone have ideas on the best way to clean them, would mothers mag polish work.

Thanks for any ideas

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up an 01 Arctic Cat 800 LE Mountain Cat in the late spring it has 950 miles on it and has a set of twin D&D pipes, the pipes look like they shon like chrome when they were new. Does anyone have ideas on the best way to clean them, would mothers mag polish work.

Thanks for any ideas

Yep or take them to a pro polisher, depends how BRIGHT you want them. They arent blue from the heat, are they???

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Just finished shining up my ceramic coated pipes last night. Used Mothers polish. It's a dirty job but well worth it. The tips that connect to the motor were brutal to shine, I'm guessing heat has changed the way the pipes look.

Have at 'er, well worth the time.

kilowatt

Reaction score
yes they are ceramic coated I just used chrome as a reference as to how shiny they might get

kilowatt

Reaction score
The guy I got this sled put a few bucks into it, not only did he put on D&D twin pipes he also put on simmons skis, V force reeds & plates, digital exhaust temp gauges, coolant temp gauge, power breather box, variaflow dial a jet system, left hand throttle, 03 Mountain Cat handle bars, reverse, snow grips, skid plate, low windshield and bag, haedlight lens cover and he gave me all the stock parts except the skis,
Its a good thing I don't have much grass or I would have it tore up by now, I can't wait to ride this sled.

Top Bottom