d&d magnaforce weights

killerrf

Reaction score
anyone have a starting point on a piped and intake m1000 for low and high elevation for these magnet weights? i got the 81-97 gram weights. not sure if i can get by with 81 for BC and keep my revs. using d&d orange primary. currently use 85 gram cat weights for at home here in sask.

currently holds 7550-7650 rpm with 060 belt. pulls well.
i was going to start by putting most weight in the last two holes from the tip.

killerrf

Reaction score
Bump.

Where'd you get those weights, what are they worth here.
Sorry I cant help.

i picked them up from dons speed parts in wainwright.

i also picked up a d&d red primary spring. its suppose to be 160/330 rate. they didnt have anything between 305 and 330. i should get more than enough revs with that spring. if too much easy enough to pop in a few magnets and weight that tip back up. hoping the 305 finish is all im going to need though.

mdwils

Reaction score
i picked them up from dons speed parts in wainwright.

if too much easy enough to pop in a few magnets and weight that tip back up. hoping the 305 finish is all im going to need though.

Thats why I would like a set of those. I was in a pickle to try and get weights on a Sat afternoon and Rec supply doesnt deal D@D and didn't have Dalton adjustables, so I Ended up with a 72g set of EPI belly busters. They're OK I guess.

You cant add/remove magnets without popping off the cover can you?
I had heel clickers in my Nytro and once the weight body was tuned you could dial in your revs with the shoulder, took 2 mins.

killerrf

Reaction score
well if anyone was curious... i have the 81-97 magnaforce weights. i have no magnets in right now. running d&d yellow spring (160-290) with two slick washers on either side. 060 belt. straight 36 helix with orange spring and shift assist with one black shim on top of the spring. rpms seem to be holding that 7550-7610 with intake and full slp pipe set. i found my sled really seems to pull much much better at this rpm instead of 7700-7800 like slp recommends. i brought my d&d orange spring (170-305) with... might try that and see what rpms do.

killerrf

Reaction score
found after riding steady for a while the 060 belt gets really sticky and brought rpms down to that 7400 range. i just switched to a 046 belt and then my rpms came back up to that 7600 to 7700. if a guy gave that 060 belt more rests rpms would have stayed more steady im sure. next time ill just throw in the 305 finish over the 290 and that should help out.

now for at home at sask i put magnets in as this: heel to tip: 0-1-1-2 with 060 belt straight 36 helix and 290 finish primary spring. pulls hard and rpms are around that 7600.

hit a rock at a local rally today so my one side aarms got Phu*ed up so its out of commision for a bit. hopefully i can get another good ride before the snow starts to melt hard. i want to see 2000 miles.

Top Bottom