D&D 800 Turbo

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Boondocker 800 Turbo

Just to clarify, yes it is a Boondocker Turbo.

Lol, i think we aren't on the same page here... lol or at least im not on the same page... i originally was asking if the sled that Don raced was turbo'd because u said it had a pipe, can and "boondocker" but then i saw that you said it had a can on it so therefore it must not be turbo'd especially if its a "boondocker turbo kit"

So in the end I would hope that you would whoop a naturally aspirated sled with a boosted sled.

wow that was tough.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Boonedocker 800 Turbo

As to the talk about the turbo racing the other sled, the 2009 M8 HCR with the Boondocker turbo, raced a 2009 M8 with a D&D single pipe, D&D can, and a Boondocker controle box. And as to the 1200 big bore comparing, the 1200 will hawl on the 800 turbo in a drag race, but yes the 800 HCR will be easier to handle due to the light weight and shorter track. The 1200 that Don Kinghorn rode last year had a 174" track on it, and that just plain won't handle well. If you want the speed, go 1200, if you want the light weight easy to throw around, go HCR and turbo it. The HCR dry weight is only 457lbs.

Ahh u read my mind... thank you for clearing that up. perfecto!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So in the end I would hope that you would whoop a naturally aspirated sled with a boosted sled.

wow that was tough.

Still don't see how that is a comparison at all. That's like saying my buddy can beat a hyundai with his car....

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy sh#t ................ 11popcorn.gif

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Still don't see how that is a comparison at all. That's like saying my buddy can beat a hyundai with his car....

I am agreeing with you... its not a good comparison as to how it runs... a turbo should kick a naturally aspirated engine easy even if its running bad.... whats the issue here?!?

Cartel

Reaction score

Yeah, its not really a fair compaison, really all that tells us is that the sled is running.

That said I really wish I had that thing in Revy last weeked for in the trees. . . . . . so I can get stuck further up the hill and out of sight hahaha

Tweaker 660

RIP Jan 16,2009
Reaction score
Hey Guys I was in Revy a couple weeks ago with the other turbo Don built and two other Boondocker pump gas turbos these sleds rock. We couldn't test to hard do to snow but we were blown away how well these things ran right out of the box/boxes. Didn't have to touch the Bd boxes at all. I think we are going to see these things everywhere once people start seeing what they can do and how nice of power it is. The fun factor in these sleds is going to be hard to beat.. Boost it

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would go to midway bc to boondocker directly they have done a lots of these units and they have great support they came to rite revy to fix buddies m1000 unbelievable !!some how i just dont see the same quality here considering they left a spring off on my pipe when installing a simple y pipe & can!!!,what is this there first turbo? comparing it to a natural sled ....lol
"when in doudt dip the oil tank with a stick should be @ 1" oil " :d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am agreeing with you... its not a good comparison as to how it runs... a turbo should kick a naturally aspirated engine easy even if its running bad.... whats the issue here?!?

No issue, I'm agreeing with you too!! :D My comment was more directed to ned. Sorry if it was mis-directed.

Mark Grunow

Reaction score
Swabby, I have heard of those springs breaking before, not sure if that is what happened or not, but it is possible.

Top Bottom