CV Boot

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
While tryin to get through a mud hole over the weekend the boot covering the CV joint on the front left side of my bike came out of the clamp on the small end of the boot. Most of the grease came out but the boot itself didn't suffer any damage. I was just going to use a small hose clamp in place of the original boot clamp, I was just wondering if there is any special kind of grease i should put back in there or just a regular high end grease. As well I was wondering if anyone has any tips of how to clean out the inside of the boot and the CV before clamping it back up.

Thanks,

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id just clean it out with parts cleaner if there is dirt in it.. and then regrease it and hose clamp er.. the shop will just hose clamp it aswell. or use clamps that have pretruding clamping areas

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
FYI: You Can Get Universal Clamp & Grease Pack Kits From Napa..... They Should Be Able To Do Any Size Boots...... If The Joints Do Have Dirt In Them, You Can Use A Pressure Washer To Blast Out The Joint And Really Clean It, Then Use Lots Of Compressed Air To Completely Dry Out The Joint And Then Repack The Joint With C/V Grease And Reinstall The Boot And Reclamp It.............

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Right, I bought a CV boot kit for my quad at the dealer and all I needed was the two clamps and grease. I went down to Napa to check and see what they had and they have a very wide selection of clamps for CV joints. Gear clamps are too wide. They have universal clamps as well. I used a pair of Dull front claw wire cutters to crimp the clamp and it works good. Not a hard job..

RON

Last edited by a moderator:

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
Just like to thank everyone for your help and suggestions, got my boot fixed and ready for the trails.

Hope to see some of you out there!

Brian.

Top Bottom