Current Snowpack and Conditions - Banff National Park

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd share this article from the Mountain Guides of Canada website.... this is strickly regarding ski incidents around the Lake Louise and Sunshine skill hills, but conditions are conditions, and right now they are pretty sketchy in areas. 7 near misses in 10 days.....

[MCR] Avalanche close calls in the Rockies

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I thought skiers were to ones to be well prepared? WTF is this......?

January 14 - A group of 3 skiers were caught in a size 2 avalanche in Maintenance Bowl (again), one person of the group was critically buried but could uncover their mouth and breath. The party called for help, then managed to locate their friend by calling his cell phone and digging with skis. They party was evacuated, uninjured.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its what happens when inbounds skiers decide to go out of bounds..... lots of stupid out there trying to be like the movie stars these days
I thought skiers were to ones to be well prepared? WTF is this......?

January 14 - A group of 3 skiers were caught in a size 2 avalanche in Maintenance Bowl (again), one person of the group was critically buried but could uncover their mouth and breath. The party called for help, then managed to locate their friend by calling his cell phone and digging with skis. They party was evacuated, uninjured.

Top Bottom