CTV News Avalanche feature

W

woodies

hmmmm 1 brainwave wants us to pay for the damage caused by the avi? WTF?

Mtsledder

Reaction score
The snow might damaged the snow underneath and oh my god the tree huggers will hate us more!! Although I really do dislike the way that they talk about us, some what I do agree. Just for the simple fact that it is now late in the season, everyone knows what has happened and what the conditions are, yet there is still that one guy pushing is luck. I know the feeling of pushing your luck is an awesome feeling and all, but after all that the sledding community has been through, can you hold back just a little????
:twocents:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In reading responses on the globe and mail website regarding this video, someone makes it known that this was this gentlemans 2nd day in the mountains. For a new rider, I would be way more hesitant to be charging that line, even in good snow conditions.

On the other hand, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

urbanstyles

Reaction score
It wasn't the riders second day.. It was mine. I was one of the guys on the bottom looking up. Ryan has been riding a while.. just made a bad call.

W

woodies

guess my comment wasn't let on? big surprise huh! i didn't swear or rant!

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It wasn't the riders second day.. It was mine. I was one of the guys on the bottom looking up. Ryan has been riding a while.. just made a bad call.

All of you made bad calls for being on that slope or anywhere near it....did no one in your group have the experince to judge that slope, read the avy reports, listen to the comments on here, ask the locals.....

There are lots of places to get info, no excuse not to know...

Take an avy course before it's to late, please dont take this the wrong way, I hope your group learns from this before it's to late...

Play....just play smart and safe.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyday there are good and bad decisions are made .whether you live long
enough to see them through is a different story.I live a high risk life style
I,am a ironworker I play hard whether it is sledding or riding my dirt bike.But my family always comes first. My decisions are base on my responsibility .Some people just lose sight of that and their families pay the price.

Top Bottom