Crowsnest pass

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone planning on heading to Fernie or past be prepared for some nasty roads later. I'm stuck outside Fernie for my third accident on my way to Castlegar.

Slushy sections but the road is really wet, if the temp drops its going to be a nightmare

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone planning on heading to Fernie or past be prepared for some nasty roads later. I'm stuck outside Fernie for my third accident on my way to Castlegar.

Slushy sections but the road is really wet, if the temp drops its going to be a nightmare

we've had trucks delayed thru there alllllll day..... glad we're not going that way till next week.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The roads are totally fine. Just slushy sections. I haven't hit ice yet. Not sure what's up with the accidents

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove home from riding in fernie last night. Roads were brutal from fernie to pass. Rough packed ice and snow. Will likely be same tonight once temp drops. But snow is sooooo good!!!!!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drive from cranbrook to creston was ok. Couple hairy spots but clear roads and no accidents so far. Stopped for a bite then back at er. Hoping the pass is ok. Should be alright just slow and steady for me.

Accident outside of Fernie was semi vs SUV. Looked nasty

sizmasta

Reaction score
Light snow all day most likely caused the accidents earlier but it's pretty much clear now. The temp is dropping a bit but the highway is fine.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the drive was ok over salmo creston pass but the after turning off to castlegar was a fuggin nightmare.

Almost pooped my pants coming around a corner and having a family of deer bound outta the ditch. Most of the drive was like this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356148274.363971.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a good trip!

Last winter we were pushing snow with the front bumper of the truck going over the Bombi at 12am. The next day was awesome!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Danny I will! I'm pumped to ride. Anyone else coming out this way drive safe!!!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got home from work. Raining going through Cranbrook and it's gonna freeze to the road. Hiway maintenance around here the last 3 years has been brutally bad so be carefull out there.

Top Bottom