Crowsnest Pass Trail/ Beaver Mines

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a few of us are planning a trip for a week down at Beaver Mines. One of the trips is to the crowsnest pass trail with the Memorial of the crashed DC3. Any one have any camping suggestions?

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes Kelly.. have been there a few times.. best place to camp for random camping would be MacGilvery.. its a right right as you leave Coleman... i can give you dirrections.. i would be in to this ride too.. what time of year thou? cause the plane crash is not accessible by quad all the way to the top cause of snow even into late June.. you ussually have to walk like a 1/4 mile up even in June lots of the time..best time to see plane crash is late Aug early september.. then you can drive right up and there is still a glacier in the caravas of the hill.. as you walk down the caravas and look underneath the ice its like a cave in the summer .. in the flowing water you will see one engine of the plane.. but this is just visable for about 4 weeks in late August early sept cause of snow give or take...

of course there is all the other stuff too. that is visable more of the time.. both wongs.. the full tail and other things...
you have to access the plane crash trail from a staging point on the other side of the highway from where you camp.. you can ride over there blut involves some illegal riding and rcmp are not fine with this..lol.. you stage at York

Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
End of June is what we are aiming for due to Roberta can't take any time off July August. And you are more than welcome to join us, nice to have a guide who knows the area.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
End of June is what we are aiming for due to Roberta can't take any time off July August. And you are more than welcome to join us, nice to have a guide who knows the area.

I have the GPS track to get to the DC3 but have never made the trip myself.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you are free the last week of June you are welcomed to come see it for yourself

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we ride there all the time stage at york go south on trail till you get to intersection with 42 turn west go over bridge please do not go through river stay on trail there is one spot that gets really muddy and big ruts and some good rock climbing

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Looking forward to the ride.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
We were there in the summer of 2011. Camped for a week near Beaver Mines Lake, rode around that area. Went to the plane crash one day(our second time there).Then at the end of August long weekend we drove to the Atlas staging area north Coleman and stayed a few more days, rode about 100kms per day, take gas with you, and we never had to winch once, very dry when we went. There are a lot of trails and most are good to ride. I have some pics of our time there at Flickr: Rubirosered's Photostream on opening page click on sets and look at the Crowsnest one.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
end of June eh? ok ...well we probably wont make it to the top.. park and walk ( if we can to the crash) ..haha.. at least we tryed eh? lol..

yeah... atlas is just down from MacGilvery stageing area.... Macgilivery is way bigger of an area to camp in than Atlas.. many great rides on this side..
the plane crash is on the other side of the highway..

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have rode there a few times , personnally I would not go in June too much snow wet, if you can not get time off in July / August go in Sept ...

jebus1085

Reaction score
Me and a few buddies are planning a ride down there 3rd week of June, u guys know what kind of shape the trails from mcgivallry will be like at that time?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too bad you won't be able to make it to the july or August trips we have planned. Maybet next year we can do the 4 day, 400km trip if quadding is still permitted.

Top Bottom