Crowsnest Pass (Lynx Creek) Rant and Rave

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out camping/quadding in the Lynx Creek area this week-end and it was great. All the other camper's/quadders were quiet (no loud music or late nights). Everybody was courteous on the trials. I did however come upon a pile of garbage in the middle of the trail:(. Which I stopped and picked up. So if you want your sandwich wrappper, gatorade bottle, cigarette package, and your unscratched lottery ticket back, please get back to me. Oh and the lottery ticket did win, thanks for the ticket, it was worth 7bucks. Also thanks to the Conservation officer who didn't give us 4 tickets today for riding on the road x2, and my riding partner for not having his insurance and registration on the quad. Even though I paid his registration 4 weeks ago. :confused: So the next question is what do you do when your quad decides to go through a puddle that is deep :eek: The water was up to the seat. We managed to keep the quad running, so nothing should have gotten into the motor(Hopefully). I drained the clutch housing, lots of mud and came out home took it apart and washed it out. What else should a person be doing? Front and rear diffs? Air filter? New belt? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark:d

Last edited by a moderator:

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Wow...camping, lotto, riding, fish cops, insurance, puddles, clutches, mud then home....busy weekend...post bursting at the seams !! :d:beer::d

I was out camping/quadding in the Lynx Creek area this week-end and it was great. All the other camper's/quadders were quiet (no loud music or late nights). Everybody was courteous on the trials. I did however come upon a pile of garbage in the middle of the trial:(. Which I stopped and picked up. So if you want your sandwich wrappper, gatorade bottle, cigarette package, and your unscratched lottery ticket back, please get back to me. Oh and the lottery ticket did win, thanks for the ticket, it was worth 7bucks. Also thanks to the Conservation officer who didn't give us 4 tickets today for riding on the road x2, and my riding partner for not having his insurance and registration on the quad. Even though I paid his registration 4 weeks ago. :confused: So the next question is what do you do when your quad decides to go through a puddle that is deep :eek: The water was up to the seat. We managed to keep the quad running, so nothing should have gotten into the motor(Hopefully). I drained the clutch housing, lots of mud and came out home took it apart and wahed it out. What else should a person be doing? Front and rear diffs? Air filter? New belt? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark:d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I was out camping/quadding in the Lynx Creek area this week-end and it was great. All the other camper's/quadders were quiet (no loud music or late nights). Everybody was courteous on the trials. I did however come upon a pile of garbage in the middle of the trail:(. Which I stopped and picked up. So if you want your sandwich wrappper, gatorade bottle, cigarette package, and your unscratched lottery ticket back, please get back to me. Oh and the lottery ticket did win, thanks for the ticket, it was worth 7bucks. Also thanks to the Conservation officer who didn't give us 4 tickets today for riding on the road x2, and my riding partner for not having his insurance and registration on the quad. Even though I paid his registration 4 weeks ago. :confused: So the next question is what do you do when your quad decides to go through a puddle that is deep :eek: The water was up to the seat. We managed to keep the quad running, so nothing should have gotten into the motor(Hopefully). I drained the clutch housing, lots of mud and came out home took it apart and washed it out. What else should a person be doing? Front and rear diffs? Air filter? New belt? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark:d

Sounds like fun ............ a drowned quad you need to take the air box apart and ensure is clean and dry. If it is wet then also drain the carb to ensure it is clean. Then check the oil for moisture, if it appears milky you need to change it a few times. Usually the diffs have breathers so it is likely they need to be addressed as well. Make sure you follow directions on the amount of fluid that you put in. Often it is only 200ml not like a car where you fill until it comes out the fill hole. Other than that is should be fine. If it kept running that is a real good sign!! :beer::d:beer:

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the verdict isn't too bad, the clutch housing was full of mud so it got washed out and brushed with a whisk broom to get all the grime out. The diff oils look just about new (but got changed anyway). Engine oil was checked right away and looks fine but is also getting changed today (need filter or would have been done already) and the air filter was dirty (dusty not muddy) so he has been washed up ( just need the air filter oil). So next on the list is a good bath and grease job. Hope to go once more but doubtful, but we will be ready for next year. Seems no one wanted to claim the lotto ticket I am going to cash it today. Ya hoo 7 bucks for me.:d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Well the verdict isn't too bad, the clutch housing was full of mud so it got washed out and brushed with a whisk broom to get all the grime out. The diff oils look just about new (but got changed anyway). Engine oil was checked right away and looks fine but is also getting changed today (need filter or would have been done already) and the air filter was dirty (dusty not muddy) so he has been washed up ( just need the air filter oil). So next on the list is a good bath and grease job. Hope to go once more but doubtful, but we will be ready for next year. Seems no one wanted to claim the lotto ticket I am going to cash it today. Ya hoo 7 bucks for me.:d

Good for you .............. sounds like it'll live to ride again! :beer::d:beer:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thanks for picking up the trash and keeping our trails clean. remember you only learn from fixing and maintaining sounds like all and all it was a great time
wish i was there...lol
t

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First time we have been in this area. The trails were great, not too many mud holes except for the one that got me. Lots of good climbs, wooded areas and overall beautiful area. We are going back again next summer and will camp there for a week and quad. We were very thankful for not getting the tickets. The officer was very kind and friendly, even gave us a map of the area. The CNP Quad Squad has some very nice bridges and signs telling you of the trails. It is a great place to quad and well worth the trip to the CNP/Lynx Creek area.:d

Top Bottom