Crossfire Squeaking

bpcook

Reaction score
I have a 2008 800 Crossfire SnoPro with 940 miles on it and it has been squeaking when coasting for the last while. I have changed the diamond drive oil and it looked clear, but had some tiny flakes of metal shavings in it. (you could see specks with a flashlight shining on the oil as it drained across the belly pan). I checked the boggy wheels and found that 2 lower wheels had bearing that spun freely but made a little noise as they spun, so I changed out the bearing on those wheels. The original ones felt smoother and had very little play. I can not see any rub areas on the tunnel.
The squeaking almost sounds like the track flexing and is in time with the track moving (gets slower as the sled goes slower). The sound is coming from the front of the track or diamond drive area. I do not think it is on the brake side of the drive shaft. When driving along under power I do not thing I can hear the noise, it is just when coasting.
Could I have a bad bearing, everything seems to be tight?
This is my first post and hope to find some help, it is the start of sledding season and I do not want to have a breakdown during sledding season.

Thanks
Brian

bpcook

Reaction score
I do not think it would be the belt guard because if I lock up the track with the brake while moving along the squeaking noise stops completely. It is kind of a rubbing, squeaking sound, but I can not feel any vibration on the sled. Also, if I have it on a stand it will not make the noise. This makes it hard to pinpoint the area were the sound is coming from.

Thanks
Brian

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy with a 2010 crossfire an I heard a squeaking noise comin from it too. Sounds like it is coming from the track.. I imagine its nothing to worry about. Drivers maybe?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom