CRF150R Big Wheel Upgrade

Patman

Reaction score
Anyone know of kits available to upgrade from the small wheel version to the Big Wheel version? Bike is awesome but kids are growing like weeds and wish to keep the bike?

Hoping others might have come across this?

:noidea:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try on thumper talk. I am sure lots of people have done it.

Not sure what all is involved but after market wheels like tusk wheels are half the price of oem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your better off selling it and buying a big wheel. I went through this with the wife you need a different swing arm and the wheels and a few other parts. The cost of the parts youll never end up re couping.

Patman

Reaction score
Found a full wheel set for $800....just waiting for a good swing arm price! I know you need a longer brake cable and I think that might be all! Every time I upgrade bikes, between taking a beating on the old one and buying another...at least $2-3k each time! I think this bike will last a long time as my teens don't get out as much wish us living in town now instead of an acreage. Sill looking like the cheapest option....new bikes are roughly $6k and up.

Advanced not working on my message reply' lately...

Patman

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
eBay is always good for hard to find bike parts. You can still likely get a tusk wheel set for $500 or another off brand. The quality has come always on that stuff. Besides, they are going to take a beating anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom