Crazy idea???

Skyhigh

Reaction score
Just daydreaming away the day thinking of the first ride of the year, and got to thinking about my old skiing days at Fortress mountain. This place has been closed for years now to skiers. Wondering what it would take to get this area opened to sledders. The terrain is great in there and they get a good amount of snow each year. I wonder if a person approached the government with a business plan for a dedicated sledding area if we would have a chance in hell with opening up something like that. There is already a lodge up there and a good access road. All you would need to add would be some porta potties or out houses because I recall the sewer system was toast up there. Who knows hey???

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Already taken over by a cat ski operation....

Besides not sure how many sledders would be interested in a confined type area...

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Already taken over by a cat ski operation....

Besides not sure how many sledders would be interested in a confined type area...

Could be wrong but wasn't it closed due to the road in to the resort?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be wrong but wasn't it closed due to the road in to the resort?

it was actualy the bridge... bridge has been replaced and cat skiing is already 70% booked for this year I think

I agree with bogger its kinda small in there with park on the other side so it would be limited but it would be great ride as its only 1 hour from calgary so I am sure peeps would go.. I know I would... I have skied there in 70cms in 48 hurs place gets dumped on!!

here it is
KPOW Fortress Mountain Cat Skiing | KPOW - Fortress Mountain CAT Skiiing

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just daydreaming away the day thinking of the first ride of the year, and got to thinking about my old skiing days at Fortress mountain. This place has been closed for years now to skiers. Wondering what it would take to get this area opened to sledders. The terrain is great in there and they get a good amount of snow each year. I wonder if a person approached the government with a business plan for a dedicated sledding area if we would have a chance in hell with opening up something like that. There is already a lodge up there and a good access road. All you would need to add would be some porta potties or out houses because I recall the sewer system was toast up there. Who knows hey???

that building has more health infractions then bogger does STD's hahahhaha

sewer, water and the restaurant,,, sketchy owners for years place is kinda scary haha but we had some great times!!!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe someone should approach them,,,, its says they only cat ski 4 days a week? maybe the sled's could get the other 3 days lol,, I doubt we would leave much powder left over haha

Top Bottom