crank case drain plug?

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yea there was a bit of coolant in mine, and found out why my engine went boom, the oil inlet to the pto cylinder is broke, off, does any one know if those thread into the the case of pressed in?

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new oil inlets i put in my new shortblock 700 were just tap in. most likely the same, but good luck getting them out.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
got it out, and to my surprise the shop in kamloops had them in stock! first thing ever! but thats still 2.5 hours away from me, so have to wait till monday to get the sled running

sledidiot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drill a hole and tap it, then you can drain out all the bits and pieces!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the coolant i would just get a metal rod and put an absorbing material on it and just dab the coolant to get tid of it tipping the case back and forth making sure there is no debris down there..

then before assembely just put a little oil in the crank case so it is just diping the oil when you spin the crank.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
me and dad used a shop vac and used our hands to seal a smaller hose onto the vac and suck the coolant and debris out of the case

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got it out, and to my surprise the shop in kamloops had them in stock! first thing ever! but thats still 2.5 hours away from me, so have to wait till monday to get the sled running

There might be a reason they have them in stock so if it was me i would be changing both of them for piece of mind. Unless you know why the first one broke. Just a suggestion hope this helps.

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been told to put a dab of locktite on them before you tap them in

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure inlet area is clean before you install the oil inlet with loctite, Loctite and oil DO NOT bond so without it being cleaned, adding loctite is pointless.

I was going to suggest shop vac with 1/4" fuel line taped onto the long skinny vacuum extension, done this before but looks like you beat me to it. :)

Top Bottom