Cr 125 rebiuld???? yes no mabey

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thank you for all your help! I orded new seals and jets for my carb. it has a fmf pipe and stock silencer. It starts with the choke on like 3rd 4th kick. I seem to have better proformance at 37:1. the new plug helped too. I am going to make a video and show you with my helmet cam what im talking about. I also am going to put V force reeds in. I had a new top end .5 of a season ago.

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a roost boost in my tickle trunk if you'd be interested, it helps with the spark etc.. only had it on my 01 cr 125 for a mth before I sold it? pm me, it's been layin around since 01 lol

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man I thought my bike sounded bad but I let it idle for along time and when it was super warm. I had alot better proformance.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
woah 50:1 is way to lean for a bike never again do that, thats like saw mix, 32:1 is the recomended mix for any bike,

not if you run good oil with proper jetting i have been runnin opti 2 at 50:1 for years with out a problem

Landrew

Reaction score
Problems affecting running:

old gas / pre-mix ratio
powervalve sticking
worn or chipped reeds
compression / ring wear
jetted wrong
winter riding a bike jetted properly for summer temperatures

fouled plug
altitude

What was the temperature when you were running it there in the vid? Winter temperatures will effect the jetting considerably. A 125 is a bit more sensative to jetting. Cold weather will cause it to run leaner as there is more oxygen in the air. Can you wait until it is at least 7 to10+ outside and then put a new sparkplug in it and fresh gas and warm it up then ride it like you would - hard, for a bit. Then check the plug. If the plug is oily, black and wet on the white insulator you are too rich. Careful - if a 125 is ridden with too lean jetting (winter temperatures can assist in doing this) it wont be long before it seizes up. Do you have any other riders/people to assist you with it, someone with 125 experience?

With a 125 having little bottom end power and not tuned to run at low rev's it will start to load up with fuel unless it is ridden in it proper range or "powerband" (7000-12000rpm) Low rev riding can trick you into thinking its richly jetted on a 125cc

I had a 01 CR250 that was jetted great once warmed up. I idled it for about 30 sec to a minute then rode it easy for a few more min until it warmed up - then I would scream. During the 1st cold start and warm up they will run rich.

Jetting is a bit of an art but once you have it right it will run strong and reliable.

Top Bottom