CPC or Push turbo for M8

Mavrick123

Reaction score
I want to turbo my 09 M8 with a 162" track.
Ride in Northern BC step and deep.
I have it norrowed down to Culter or Push

Culter comes with clutching parts but $1000 more for kit

Push comes With upgraded fuel pump, oil cooler and turbo is water cooled now, but no clutching stuff, claims can just use standard Arctic Cat springs and weights (differant ones, than stock) to get clutching right.

I don't want to tinker, or adjust the system once installed, pull and go kind of a guy.

Any thoughts on pros or cons going either way? thanks.

taz1000

Reaction score
[ TWISTED TURBO comes with everthing clutching venting gauges brackets.

QUOTE=Mavrick123;867806]I want to turbo my 09 M8 with a 162" track.
Ride in Northern BC step and deep.
I have it norrowed down to Culter or Push

Culter comes with clutching parts but $1000 more for kit

Push comes With upgraded fuel pump, oil cooler and turbo is water cooled now, but no clutching stuff, claims can just use standard Arctic Cat springs and weights (differant ones, than stock) to get clutching right.

I don't want to tinker, or adjust the system once installed, pull and go kind of a guy.

Any thoughts on pros or cons going either way? thanks.[/QUOTE]

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wait and get ripcharger's supercharger. You guy's can be the guinnea pigs :D

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are a pull and go guy that doesn't want to adjust or tinker, I would suggest you stay stock - turbo's require some tuning...

greg5537

Reaction score
I'm running a Push pump gas system on my 09 M8, works awesome but does take a little tuning with the fueling to make sure you don't lean out. Make sure you install an air/fuel ratio guage and a 25% mix of 110 race gas with premium pump gas. costs a little extra for fuel but it performs much better than straight pump gas

tranquillicer

Reaction score
Go with a Twisted Turbo they are a complete set up and work flawlessly, the dealer is right in Prince George.
They require attention too...don't kid yourself. No such thing as Gas&Go on a 2stroke turbo, you gotta be able to tune it for the boost you want to run.

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy just had a Cutler pump gas turbo built. It looks good so far but he's still breaking it in at 6lbs. He's only run it in Saskatchewan but soon we'll have it out west to really test it.

mtnaddict

Reaction score
I just had a push PG tial kit installed on my 2010 m8. I have 300 miles now and have had almost zero issues BUT IMO These turbos are not for the guys that have to have their belt and plugs change for them you have to have some mechanical ability! If you dont want to buy one dont drive one you will be hooked!

Sparx

Reaction score
So far I'm finding my Turbo less hassle than my previous sleds with Pipes or any kind of clutching work done to them. This OVS Tial kit I'm running has been the easiest machine to dial in that I have owned and even then it ran great when not on spec on the A/F ratio gauge when running rich. I'm dialing in the clutching now after 150miles of great running the first trip. Even when over revving it ran like a top!

Biggest issue, get a dealer who has put alot of miles on a kit to install and have it tuned and ready to go for you, or at least come with you for the first ride. Many are good for this and all kits are pretty good in the end with little differences. Just pick what you want in a kit, I would suggest to stay with a pump gas setup with factory oil injection to keep things simple and convienient. Twisted is the only kit you have to delete the oil injection system.

I personally don't find the Boondocker boxes tuner friendly without alot of experience, but their turbo kits work great when set up right with little tweaking. I really like my Pure Logic box and would never go back to the BD box after using this one. Once setup right, there isn't really anymore maintenance than the usual on the sled. You still have to change gearcase oil, so change your turbo oil while your at it. You still should check for loose nuts and bolts, so make sure everything is tight on your hose clamps and oil lines to your turbo, not a big deal....

Brojoe

Reaction score
Just run my stage 2 Cutler turbo on an 2010 M8 out in Wyoming. Runs really good lots of power, but had to tune the attitude box a bit. I also ran straight pump gas at 8 pounds boost at an elevation of 9000 feet plus. Only issue was a small bog at about 4000 rpm. Could not take it out.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just had a push PG tial kit installed on my 2010 m8. I have 300 miles now and have had almost zero issues BUT IMO These turbos are not for the guys that have to have their belt and plugs change for them you have to have some mechanical ability! If you dont want to buy one dont drive one you will be hooked!

I tried one last year on an 2010 m8, really ripped but seemed to load up on fuel on the bottom end and couldn't seem to figure it out, but is a very nice clean setup.

Top Bottom