Coyote trapping???

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about a salt gun mike, shoot the yotee with it

I've been shot with one, burns for days

OMG...you get mistakin for a VARMIT, actually not so surprised Geoff......hehehe

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have good smell. Wind will be the downfall to the plan of sitting waiting for them. You'll be there for hours .
Maybe you need to do some recon looking for dens and go hunt them from farther away. Very smart critters they are. They sure pizz me off sometimes

Thinking that is what i first need to do, go for few walks out there and see if i can find traces and tracks. Found out today that a neighbor suspect's maybe 2 dens on the hill side less then 1/4mile out. He walk's this trail daily and seen more this year.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking that is what i first need to do, go for few walks out there and see if i can find traces and tracks. Found out today that a neighbor suspect's maybe 2 dens on the hill side less then 1/4mile out. He walk's this trail daily and seen more this year

If you can find den 12 gauge with slugs!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
College campus story lol

Drunken in public at campus , guard didn't think we were as funny or cool as we did lol

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
So true story... My younger brother was pulling a deer out of the forest(bow hunting) southwest of Calgary, he was surrounded by a pack of coyotes... He shot a couple of them, and he tried to run. Couple of them got to him and bit his butt and leg. He eventually fought them off, swinging his bow around. He went to the hospital and spent several days and several shots for rabies as well. He was a body builder on steroids so he could take care of himself, but a pack of coyotes use their numbers to their advantage....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So true story... My younger brother was pulling a deer out of the forest(bow hunting) southwest of Calgary, he was surrounded by a pack of coyotes... He shot a couple of them, and he tried to run. Couple of them got to him and bit his butt and leg. He eventually fought them off, swinging his bow around. He went to the hospital and spent several days and several shots for rabies as well. He was a body builder on steroids so he could take care of himself, but a pack of coyotes use their numbers to their advantage....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really, that is pretty wild. These coyotes must of been use to human's or had a sense of fright to do that. Very unusual.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By your location I would try the trap and some smelly bait (jackfish or sardine juice poured over garlic sausage) in the trap tied to the trap so that it can not be easily removed. You will get the neighbors cat, dog or the coyote. F&W will usually issue the trap free of charge if it is a trap and release. Leg hold traps were illegal last time i checked but they work really good if your bait is 3' above the trap....just sayin. Just use a cable to the trap from about a 40# weight so the coyote can move but not drag away. Tied to a fixed object like a post or tree usually results in a broken cable.
Did in a few coyotes in back in the day but now use an elecronic caller as they are a hoot for pullin coyotes out into the open at the farm.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I would fence your yard, I put a chain link fence around my entire acreage for that very purpose. Not to keep my dogs in rather the coyotes out!! Do it once and never worry again. Shooting them will be a forever project. Although the sheer pleasure would be fun. You can make a silencer with an oil filter (just google).

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make a bait-sicle and set out in a safe location with a backstop at 100yards. Get a mouth call, they're legal, and shoot a semiauto. :doubletap:

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use to run them down with wolf-hounds, them tap them on the forehead with a hammer. Fur's still good and no chance of accidentally shooting a dog or farm animals.

Top Bottom