Covers for ratchet type chain binders and rachet straps

up 10

Reaction score
Hey guys, for all of you that use ratchet type chain binders and ratchet straps, for work and play, know how annoying it can be when your binder or ratchet strap builds up with ice or mud. Then you have to get a hammer to knock the build up off of the binder that you just paid good money for, then more than likely youll have to spray it down with WD-40 just to get your binder or strap unhooked. I've been there with every thing from snowmobiles and dirt bikes to bulldozers on the back of semis. One of my friends developed these covers and they work very well, especially in the rougher conditions to protect and keep binders and ratchets clean. Try them out, if they save you two hours or one strap or one ratchet binder they will more than pay for themselves, try them out

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those are cute, but look like just another pain to keep stored and clean as well. good luck to your friend tho, necessity is the mother of invention. those just look too bulky for the ratchet binders.

up 10

Reaction score
The good thing about the covers is when you roll your straps up, you can store them in the cover. Keeping them clean is as easy as shaking the mud off of them when its dry. The ratchet binder covers have saved me from lubricating my binders for several monthes, they store very easily with the binder inside the cover, keeping it clean and keeping it from rattling while in storage.
P.S. The pictures on the website are with straps rolled up inside for demonstration purposes, the retractable covers work very well to keep these units working properly in adverse conditions.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had a boomer ice up....never greased one either. Ratchet straps get bad sometimes yes, but boomers never had a problem. Good idea, but it's way to slow IMO. For just driving across the city I would never even bother with something like that. Now for say long haul drivers that it will be days of snow etc to build up, I could see it.

Top Bottom